Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

18 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think a lot of posters are expecting too much from a player who, when given the chance in the first team, showed that he really was not good enough.

Eh? He played about 15 games for us in 2011/12. Injuries and loans have kept him out of our squad so to say he's been given a chance and he wasn't good enough is spouting crap tbh.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Eh? He played about 15 games for us in 2011/12. Injuries and loans have kept him out of our squad so to say he's been given a chance and he wasn't good enough is spouting crap tbh.

Thanks for that. You disagree, that's ok. No need to be nasty. And I still maintain he showed himself not to be good enough when he had the chance.

He's lost a lot of time where he should have developed because of injury. Delph is perfect proof how once injury free players can progress quickly. 

Deserves a proper chance next season. 

• Like 2

Well he may well not have been good enough for the premier league (though I would disagree that he has been given a fair crack of the whip yet) but that's an irrelevance isn't it as he will be playing for us in the championship which is a much lower level isn't it. He may be brilliant for us 

he deserves a chance

but he's had chances at an age where you would have thought he could have showed some kind of promise and he didn't and it doesn't sound from his loans like he's massively improved either.

even bang average is better than most of our current players

He has had his chance.

In the last few years this team has been nothing short of a pathetic disgrace. Half the championship would have performed better than us this season.

Yet this lad is continually shipped out on loan.

Hes clearly not good enough. 

The amount to which fans ignore what is blatantly staring them in the face is mind boggling really.

I'm not sure we'll have 'the luxury' of being able to simply discard the ilk of Gardner in the summer.

I fancy we'll need to rebuild and have something of a stabilising season (i.e. mid table) which means lots of players out (hopefully for a decent price where achievable) and not many in, and those who do come in will, in my opinion be low profile signings with Championship level experience.

He's worth a shout given the predicament we're due to find ourselves in.

He deserves his chance and he has been playing in the Championship which is helpful.

I think he will get his chance. Whether he is the player we hope he is remains to be seen. Much I want him to be tearing up trees I have always felt the hype was better than the player.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2016 at 13:53, Dante_Lockhart said:

And in the PL not the championship where we will need him to play for us

3 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Notts Forrest fans saying he's been a bit crap this loan spell overall....

Don't know any Forest fans but can only go by the local paper and most games he gets a 7/10 for them.

Injuries have disrupted him so I doubt he's that box to box player that was in our youth team but as a steady type to sit infront of the back 4 and get the passing going I bet he'd do as good as job as Westwood.

Other point is he actually scores some goals, none of our central midfielders ever score (apart from last week) so we need some sort of threat from that area.

I don't believe he is the player everyone thinks he is but can he do any worse than the clowns we have at the moment?

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Nottingham were also a bit crap for a couple months

Yes I know. But in his first loan with them he was one of the best players they had, this time round that's not been the case. Lansbury is noticeably streets above him. 

5 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Notts Forrest fans saying he's been a bit crap this loan spell overall....

But he can take a free kick, like, erm his brother. 

32 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Yes I know. But in his first loan with them he was one of the best players they had, this time round that's not been the case. Lansbury is noticeably streets above him. 

And I'd wager Lansbury with never play in the PL. 

The guy isn't good enough to be at the heart of a team trying to get promotion. So he might fit right in

Â