Brad Guzan

R.Bear

I'd keep an eye on him over the next 6-7 weeks.

He's never looked the same player since he was dropped for a single mistake last season. There's a good keeper in there if he gets his confidence back.

Yes, he's had a few wobbles but a clean sheet and playing behind an improving defence will hopefully see his composure return.

Rode his luck a bit. Just hoping that a clean sheet against Man City can go some way to repairing the damage done by Sherwood after the Man City game last year. We know there's a lot of good that Guzan can bring. It's totally fair to criticise his performances under Sherwood though, they just haven't been good enough. Hopefully we'll see the brash super confident yank that likes claiming crosses and the like again coz we all loved him.

Incredible save from Sterling's header. 

Sterling should have buried that. Fortunately for us he can't finish.

Guzan is a liability. The sooner we get rid of him the better off we'll be.

Fine, but it was still a great save that prevented us from losing the game. 

• Like 1

Got incredibly lucky twice IMO if that one that hit the post had gone in he'd rightly be being slaughtered, the sterling header he made himself big but knew nothing about, spilled that free kick too

Still loads of work for him to do, at least we stopped back passing it to his bloody right foot though, give the bloke a chance

Well he showed he can still keep a clean sheet as long as we're reasonably organised infront of him which has rarely been the case last few years.

I thought he was fine purely on the Sterling save but then again he nearly let Kolorov shot through and he was lucky second half when he spilled that free kick back into 6 yard box.

Couple of shakey moments today but two excellent saves to keep us in it.

For people asking earlier how many games Guzan has saved us points in in recent times, there's one for you.

I'm encouraged to see if he can shake his nervous moments under the new manager.

• Like 2

Yeah it's definitely a confidence issue. In his first season under Lambert he was like superman, wasn't afraid to catch anything or come for the ball. You can see he's a bit tentative now for whatever reason. I think he's scared of spilling it or making a horrible mistake. He needs to get his confidence back as he's one of the best keepers in the league when he's on top form imo.

• Like 1

Confidence was shot (I blame Sherwood).  Not Brad's best day.  But he was in good positions, got some great luck several times, and sometimes that's what a player needs to get some confidence back.  Read this thread back a few years, all agreed he was brilliant.  But he played too many games for a "manager" who had no clue and his confidence is shot.  Remi to the rescue here, and Guzan will be back to the shot stopping, cross grabbing beast he was before.

Â