Brad Guzan

R.Bear

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Should have saved the goal today

yep, and unfortunately that is something we have been saying far too many times over the last 2 years.

I think he is part of the reason the defence is so jittery, he inspires no confidence. A few minutes in and him and Bacuna were putting us on the back foot with that ridiculous throw in situation

• Like 1

Okay whatever you say, Guzan isn't a keeper.

Amazing comment.

There's 100's of keepers in the lower leagues that Guzan is better than; all professional footballers.

They're clearly not keepers either.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Okay whatever you say, Guzan isn't a keeper.

Amazing comment.

There's 100's of keepers in the lower leagues that Guzan is better than; all professional footballers.

They're clearly not keepers either.

Id take most of them over him.

Was it just me, or was there a player in front of him for the goal, who stood in an offside position? He seemed un-sighted, and was trying to look through the players legs.

This rule should have come into play:

"Interfering with an opponent

"preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POe3KDw0t3Q

13 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Was it just me, or was there a player in front of him for the goal, who stood in an offside position? He seemed un-sighted, and was trying to look through the players legs.

This rule should have come into play:

"Interfering with an opponent

"preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POe3KDw0t3Q

I definitely thought it was offside. Guzan reacted late so he was obviously impeded by the offside player. 

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Feel like i've just watched a different game to some of you. I can't see why he is being dug out again.

He is just a scape goat. Again he was fine today. Looks a lot more confident in his box lately. 

I wouldn't blame him too much for the goal, OK a much better keeper with better reactions would have saved it, but it wasn't so easy given his line of sight was blocked off. 

We should however be blaming the dozy word removed who was supposed to be marking the scorer...

Â