Stephen Warnock

KSV

I dont understand why we havent bought anybody decent in yet

Because real-life football management isn't like playing FIFA and FM where transfers go smoothly as long as you enter correct values. That and we no doubt need to get a few players out before getting too many more in and shipping players out isn't as easy as you seem to think it is either.

Lambert on Warnock exclusion:

PAUL Lambert is remaining tight-lipped about Stephen Warnock’s future after leaving him out of the final friendly at Werder Bremen on Saturday.

Enda Stevens played in the No.3 role, while midfielder Fabian Delph was also tried there in the closing stages of the 3-3 draw.

Warnock was left behind when the 18-man squad jetted out to Germany to complete their pre-season preparations against the Bundesliga club.

And, after the match, Lambert was reluctant to say too much about Warnock’s situation when he was pressed about the decision to omit him.

Fancy a Bet? Free £25 Bet with Blue Square

“I decided to go with that squad there that came over, and that’s all there is to it,” said Lambert.

“There’s no update on Stephen Warnock or anything like that.

“It’s just that that’s the squad I chose to bring and that’s all that I’ll talk about it really.

“He’s done really really fine, but those were the ones I decided to bring.”

Having been bombed out by Gerard Houllier in 2010-11, Warnock won his place back in the team under Alex McLeish last season but lost his form.

Lambert had selected him for most of Villa’s pre-season friendlies. But the former Blackburn defender is still lacking confidence.

Villa are known to be looking to bring in a new left-back.

They have enquired about Ipswich’s Aaron Cresswell, although there has been no bid.

Like Alan Hutton, who is looking for a new club, Warnock would be available and the claret and blues will listen to offers.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/08/12/aston-villa-paul-lambert-on-the-werder-bremen-match-and-on-dropping-stephen-warnock-97319-31606749/

Great, I had a bad feeling he was left out either due to an injury or just to let other players have a run out.

Its funny how how he is getting rid of the players most of us have been saying are crap. Perhaps a lesson for Randy on managers and players - we do know quite a bit about football.

without being blatent those comments from Lambert confirm he is trying to ship him out....

and we won't be signing another left back until some chump buys Warnock...

but you can bet your ass Lambo has some players lined up to sign straight away if he does just like Vlaar...

don't think we need to look much further than Cresswell, Naughton or Taylor i reckon

Anyone want to claim we don't have a sell-to-buy policy anymore?

I think we do have a sell-to-buy policy, but not in the sense that we need to sell to raise funds. We need to sell before we buy so we can keep the wage bill under control. Which is what we should have done years ago. You make a sell to buy policy sound like a bad thing?

Releasing Cuellar was a big mistake in my opinion as he could have played as CB or backup RB, and would have strengthened the defence quite a lot with his experience, allowing someone like Lichaj to play LB in place of Warnock.

If we are waiting for bids on Warnock and/or Hutton and IF MON is among those potential bidders, I wouldn't be expecting anything to happen until the eleventh hour of the window. If PL has plan A, B, C or D Faulkner had better get the paperwork ready to send in the Fax.

Who we get in IF any of these two move on may be determined by who is left on the last day and that is something no one can predict.

Is there any evidence that Sunderland are planning to bid for Warnock and Hutton or is it just a lazy journalistic assumption of the "New Manager of a club bids for the players in his former squad" type? It doesn't even make sense in Hutton's case since he never played for MON.

Sunderland got our good central defender, who we foolishly let go this summer, for free. I would be surprised if they would want to pay too much money for such doubtful assets - although this comes as ever with the proviso that I never ceased to be amazed by what happens in football.

The "he's done fine" says it all, I mean how many of you guys worry when your other half says "I'm fine!" :lol:

The forest fans are still mailing me now about how bad he is and how he would struggle to play at their level. :oops:

Releasing Cuellar was a big mistake in my opinion as he could have played as CB or backup RB, and would have strengthened the defence quite a lot with his experience, allowing someone like Lichaj to play LB in place of Warnock.

I think if Cuellar hadn't been released, then Lambert wouldn't have got one of the three players he has been allowed to bring in so while it is annoying, at least the new manager got to shape his squad a little.

Â