Stephen Warnock

KSV

I can't see where Warnock is going to go. He's not good enough for anyone in the Prem to want him, yet no Championship club will be able to afford to pay his wages. We really are stuck.

I don't think Warnock is that bad. I think he's a Premier League player. I think he's more than good enough for any of the promoted clubs, and more.

His confidence for us has been shot to shit, he just needs to move on and refresh his career. It would be the best thing for us and Warnock I think.

Having the skill is one thing but utilising it is another thing, if he cant do that he can not be classed as good enough. A player is only as good as his last game and it has been a long time since he played well. Although I agree his confidence isnt at its best, a lot of it with him is that he dont give a shit.

if youre only as good as your last game then were **** - cos Vlaar n Clark were absolutely chronic against Bremen.......

Yeh but we are talking one game so lets not get into being over dramatic about what I said, One game is a bit different to a few seasons

Yeah, comedy for opposition fans. Even as a Villa fan I sometimes find myself bursting into laughter when he does one of his trademark slips. He's that shit.

his slips alway seem to come after a **** up. its like he thinks he can hide behind the slip

Then the faking of an injury comes after the slip... :lol:

Then looking at a fellow player as if it was a bad pass!

Just seen warnock in brum, asked if he was staying he said probably not!

Really? If Warmock goes then there MUST be a replacement on the cards. He is still the best left back at our club.

I have the feeling the fans have had an influence on Lamberts thoughts on Warnock and Hutton. He must see that confidence wise there is no way back for them at Villa.

It may even be a bit of indirect fan power at work.

He is still the best left back at our club.
Lol :lol:

Only because there is only one other left back mind you.

Who's better?

Of the full-backs? All of them. I'd even give Stephens a run over Warnock.

Who's better?

Get out of here! You don't get called up to a England world cup squad if you're that bad. I have to admit I haven't seen much of Stepehns though.

Who's better?

Get out of here! You don't get called up to a England world cup squad if you're that bad. I have to admit I haven't seen much of Stepehns though.

That was over two years ago, and even then it was because Baines didn't want to go to South Africa. He's been monumentally shit since then. Just because he got called up for England once doesn't mean anything.

Who's better?

That was over two years ago, and even then it was because Baines didn't want to go to South Africa. He's been monumentally shit since then. Just because he got called up for England once doesn't mean anything.

It means the ability was once there. You don't just lose it. It's his confidence that has been destroyed.

Actually why the hell am I defending him? I didn't even rate him that season. I think my point is I don't think the replacements are that much better. We really must buy.

Who's better?

It means the ability was once there. You don't just lose it. It's his confidence that has been destroyed.

Actually why the hell am I defending him? I didn't even rate him that season. I think my point is I don't think the replacements are that much better. We really must buy.

I'm not sure the ability was ever there. I also don't buy this confidence thing either. He's been low on confidence for two years has he? Even if that is true, we don't need a player like that.

I agree that we need to buy a LB but Warnock is really poor IMO.

Ok I agree he is really poor but I also don't see anybody else from our current squad doing much a better job.
I do. Lichaj, Lowton and probably even Stephens would be better. I know Warnock has that all important "experience" but with the way he plays you'd think he was a 10 year old kid.

Ok I agree he is really poor but I also don't see anybody else from our current squad doing much a better job.
I do. Lichaj, Lowton and probably even Stephens would be better. I know Warnock has that all important "experience" but with the way he plays you'd think he was a 10 year old kid.

I'd be interested to see your thoughts if one of these players are given a run at left back. One or two crucial errors and opinions can change quickly.

It will be interesting to see who starts there.

Â