Stephen Warnock

KSV

Sell to buy phrase ? Again?

We can name a 25 man squad right?

So right now who would that be?

Given, Guzan, Marshall

Lowton(23), Lichaj, Dunne, Vlaar, Hutton, Warnock, Clark(22), Baker(21), Stevens(22)

KEA, Holman, Ireland, Bannan(22), Delph(21), Albrighton(22), Nzogbia, Herd(23), Gardner(20), Johnson(19), Carruthers(19)

Bent, Gabby, Wiemann(21), Delfouneso(21)

Anyone disagree with that list? That's 27 players, but we are allowed those aged 21 or under for "free". So Baker, Delph, Gardner, Johnson, Carruthers, Wiemann and Delfouneso. So that gives us 20, I may be wrong but 20 players and we have to name a 25 man squad.

If Lambert wants to sign players for

LB, CM, CF, Wide player (lets say for arguements) that gives us 24. Again I may be wrong. Then it also means that the January window offers us a chance to do very limited business.

Does it not make sense then to ship out players in the positions you want to reinforce , or who may not be featuring for you much if you buy new players, before you buy new players? We have a decent amount of money I think and are fairly well off but that does not mean we can afford to have two or three players being paid to do feck all, a la Warnock or Hutton

That does not mean we cannot afford to buy before we sell ( which is the inferenec with sell to buy ). It does mean we are employing good squad management.

My mistake on Delph, the place I had showed him at 21. So that means we have 21 men aged 21 or over and 4 places up for grabs in this window. Makes even more sense to ship out Warnock and Hutton to me then and to be honest if it is sell to buy as people are infering then I dont fancy our chances of being able to spend much if we are waiting for money from them two. What can you get for £3.50 and a packet of marbles these days?

Sell to buy phrase ? Again?

We can name a 25 man squad right?

So right now who would that be?

Given, Guzan, Marshall

Lowton(23), Lichaj, Dunne, Vlaar, Hutton, Warnock, Clark(22), Baker(21), Stevens(22)

KEA, Holman, Ireland, Bannan(22), Delph(21), Albrighton(22), Nzogbia, Herd(23), Gardner(20), Johnson(19), Carruthers(19)

Bent, Gabby, Wiemann(21), Delfouneso(21)

Anyone disagree with that list? That's 27 players, but we are allowed those aged 21 or under for "free". So Baker, Delph, Gardner, Johnson, Carruthers, Wiemann and Delfouneso. So that gives us 20, I may be wrong but 20 players and we have to name a 25 man squad.

If Lambert wants to sign players for

LB, CM, CF, Wide player (lets say for arguements) that gives us 24. Again I may be wrong. Then it also means that the January window offers us a chance to do very limited business.

Does it not make sense then to ship out players in the positions you want to reinforce , or who may not be featuring for you much if you buy new players, before you buy new players? We have a decent amount of money I think and are fairly well off but that does not mean we can afford to have two or three players being paid to do feck all, a la Warnock or Hutton

That does not mean we cannot afford to buy before we sell ( which is the inferenec with sell to buy ). It does mean we are employing good squad management.

When you look at that squad list is quite worrying, there are about 14 players in that squad that are not really good enough to play in the premiership.

There is a lot more than just Warnock and Hutton that needs to be replaced before Villa can achieve anything again.

weve got a bottom 5 squad. IF bent vlaar and ireland are out we are seriously low on class players.

Last year, though, we had a bottom 5 manager. Hopefully Lambert has more about him to get them playing something like.

After nearly getting relegated and having obvious weaknesses in the squad should we really be worrying about limiting ourselves during January?

Can we afford to spend the season without replacing those players? MM said wages to turnover is around the 50% mark, is paying warnock to do nothing going to bankrupt us? And if we replaced warnock then surely that increases our chances of finishing higher in the league and that extra money would cover that.

You just said we can't afford to have players sitting on the bench doing nothing so therefore by your own words we can't afford to buy before we sell.

Wether it's wages or transfer fees it's no different, it seems we are in a position where we have to sell a player before we can buy one.

After nearly getting relegated and having obvious weaknesses in the squad should we really be worrying about limiting ourselves during January?

I think, and I believe the club know, that making this better will take more than one window

That means he will also need to invest in January which he will be limited by the number in his squad

I want us to make signings as much as the next man, and I actually believe we will do, just trying to explain why it is not sell to buy in the traditional sense of the phrase

Forgot makoun, he'd be in there as well which then makes 22 players and room for three more.

I can't see a guy who can't come into the country being registered in our 25 man squad.

It would be a ridiculous decision by the management to include him.

Yes but we still have to pay his wages, he is still part of the club. So we dont include him in the 25 that is one in the "we're paying to do feck all" envelope as Glenn would say

Yes but we still have to pay his wages, he is still part of the club. So we dont include him in the 25 that is one in the "we're paying to do feck all" envelope as Glenn would say

Even if we do include him he won't be doing **** all without a work permit.

Â