Stephen Warnock

KSV

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Quite like Warnock as a pundit and he was a decent Villa player too.

You can tell he has an affinity for the Villa always has that feeling when he talks.

He was so bad in that last season for us in a way that makes these comments from him make a lot of sense. 

He scored one own goal that looked more deliberate than any other own goal I've ever seen. I'm not sure I ever forgave him for that but I will now after reading these comments. Not that that will change his life one little bit! 

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Last week I've watched Danny Murphy and Wes Brown on podcasts talking about the same thing.

How difficult is It to turn earn 50k a week and buy a nice house and put the rest in savings accounts.

"If I have a 10, 15 year career at this level I'll have only have earned 10m - 15m net. I need to make some high risk investments!"

We're not talking about highly educated people here.

Most of these players are millionaires by the time they're twenty, and while they earn enough to do exactly as you say, they not only have a target on their back from conmen, but also have the envy of being in a dressing room with people even richer.

I think the latter is a big part of why our players heads used to get turned so much when they got called up to England, you think you're the big shot at Villa dressing room on 40-50k a week and then go and sit next to Beckham and co in the England dressing room.

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

He was so bad in that last season for us in a way that makes these comments from him make a lot of sense. 

He scored one own goal that looked more deliberate than any other own goal I've ever seen. I'm not sure I ever forgave him for that but I will now after reading these comments. Not that that will change his life one little bit! 

I swear there was one game where friedle was the only reason the guy didn't have a hattrick at the wrong end, seem to remember him chesting one in or at least trying to

He was one of those players who was perfectly fine right up until he wasn't, I know they don't become bad players overnight but he kind of did 

Â