Stephen Warnock

KSV

I can't see where Warnock is going to go. He's not good enough for anyone in the Prem to want him, yet no Championship club will be able to afford to pay his wages. We really are stuck.

I don't think Warnock is that bad. I think he's a Premier League player. I think he's more than good enough for any of the promoted clubs, and more.

His confidence for us has been shot to shit, he just needs to move on and refresh his career. It would be the best thing for us and Warnock I think.

Lambert left it a bit too late imo, think Southampton (and other clubs) would've been interested during the time they signed Clyne if he had been frozen out from the start he would've gone by now I think or atleast have offers.

Anyway still some time left in the window so here's hoping he isn't here by the end of the window.

He was excellent for Blackburn and for us under MON so he hasn't just become a crap player. Surely PL can find that talent in there somwhere.

Not all the time, he was good up to the cup final, but then his formed dropped loads and since then has got worse and worse (not that I'm disagreeing about haing some talent somewhere)

Maybe with Bardsley out for a while following ankle surgery MON will need some more fullbacks st Sunderland. Fingers crossed he fancies Warnock and Hutton in a £12m double swoop. :-)

Seriously though do they even have any fullbacks available to play now?

I can't see where Warnock is going to go. He's not good enough for anyone in the Prem to want him, yet no Championship club will be able to afford to pay his wages. We really are stuck.

I don't think Warnock is that bad. I think he's a Premier League player. I think he's more than good enough for any of the promoted clubs, and more.

His confidence for us has been shot to shit, he just needs to move on and refresh his career. It would be the best thing for us and Warnock I think.

Having the skill is one thing but utilising it is another thing, if he cant do that he can not be classed as good enough. A player is only as good as his last game and it has been a long time since he played well. Although I agree his confidence isnt at its best, a lot of it with him is that he dont give a shit.

Yes but we still have to pay his wages, he is still part of the club. So we dont include him in the 25 that is one in the "we're paying to do feck all" envelope as Glenn would say

We don't have to pay his wages at all, the pretence is now over, he's awol, in breach of contract but we still retain his registration

Having the skill is one thing but utilising it is another thing, if he cant do that he can not be classed as good enough. A player is only as good as his last game and it has been a long time since he played well. Although I agree his confidence isnt at its best, a lot of it with him is that he dont give a shit.

if youre only as good as your last game then were **** - cos Vlaar n Clark were absolutely chronic against Bremen.......

Yes but we still have to pay his wages, he is still part of the club. So we dont include him in the 25 that is one in the "we're paying to do feck all" envelope as Glenn would say

We don't have to pay his wages at all, the pretence is now over, he's awol, in breach of contract but we still retain his registration

Great if true.

if youre only as good as your last game then were **** - cos Vlaar n Clark were absolutely chronic against Bremen.......

I still think.warnock.has something to offer.

With regards to Hutton and Warnock it'd be interesting to see if the NBA's 'amnestying' could work in these kinds of situations. The premise is you can get an unwanted player of the books via amnesty, effectively removing them from the roster but remaining liable for their salary. Other teams can then 'bid' for said player in terms of how much of the salary they are willing to take on. Bids are submitted to the league and the team with the highest bid successfully nets the player paying the proportion of the initial contract they stipulated in their bid.

E.g. - we could amnesty Warnock and his c.35(?)k p/w deal and hopefully a few crap prem teams / championship promotion chasers would offer to take on £20k of the salary. We would still have to pay £15k until the end of his contract and wouldn't receive any transfer fee but I'm sure something like this would teach clubs a lesson in terms of handing out ludicrous contracts to average players.

From a football perspective I agree with the general desire to get an upgrade to our full backs. Especially in the modern game as it is the one area of the pitch where a player has a bit of time on the ball and the best teams have constructive players in the full back positions.

From a personal level though I have respect for Stephen Warnock. I only get to travel over to Birmingham maybe once a year to catch a game. I also like to drop out to Bodymoor with my children to try and see the players and just soak up the vibes. Last year during the depth of the Houlier era when Stephen Warnock was an outcast I dropped into Bodymoor. After training all the players shot out the back entrance in case they might have to delay for 5-10 minutes talking to the 15-20 fans at the front gate. I was a little bit disappointed for my children in particular. Coming from Ireland I was hoping to see Richard Dunne or maybe Ciaran Clark. My son had his Clark Villa shirt on. Only two players came through the front gate. One was Ashley Young, who as captain at the time was maybe aware of his responsibility and was very obliging for photos and signatures. The other was Stephen Warnock who was also very friendly and obliging for photos and signatures. Considering it looked odds at that time that he would not play for the Villa again and he was being shunned by Houlier and co, I was very impressed that he had this type of consideration towards the fans. As I watched Downing and co speed up the road to avoid having to spend a few minutes with the fans, my opinion of Stephen Warnock changed and despite his limitations as a fullback I have respect for him compared to many in modern game. I hope we get a young up and coming left back who can add to our team when we have the ball not just defend but I also have respect for Stephen Warnock and in the modern game where many players act as pure money mercenarys at the fans expense. I do not myself see Stephen Warnock in that category.

I still think.warnock.has something to offer.

Yeah, comedy for opposition fans. Even as a Villa fan I sometimes find myself bursting into laughter when he does one of his trademark slips. He's that shit.

Yeah, comedy for opposition fans. Even as a Villa fan I sometimes find myself bursting into laughter when he does one of his trademark slips. He's that shit.

his slips alway seem to come after a **** up. its like he thinks he can hide behind the slip

his slips alway seem to come after a **** up. its like he thinks he can hide behind the slip

Then the faking of an injury comes after the slip... :lol:

Admittedly, I burst into laughter when he put in the OG against QPR. Others in the Trinity stand were not as amused as me, but it really got so bad and to the point where you just could not help but laugh at how bad he had gotten.

Then the faking of an injury comes after the slip... :lol:

Oh yeah. Last season I kept on thinking "good, now McLeish will be forced to put Lichaj there" but then it would turn out he was just faking it.

Thankfully I think Lambert will drop players who don't play well.

Admittedly, I burst into laughter when he put in the OG against QPR. Others in the Trinity stand were not as amused as me, but it really got so bad and to the point where you just could not help but laugh at how bad he had gotten.

Yeah I laughed too. it was the most natural response to what I'd just witnessed. I wasn't angry, just bemused.

Â