Stephen Warnock

KSV

what we're saying is that Warnock was the worst on the pitch today! He was the worst by a country mile!

I think he was the only one of our players who looked truly awful against Forest. I'm praying that wasn't Lambert's first attempt at putting together a first XI, because shy of Bent and Given it looked like it was. I'm just hoping Lichaj starts against Bremen.

I'd like to see a back four of Stevens, Lowton, Vlaar and Lichaj for Werder Bremen.

I wouldn't mind Lichaj, Vlaar, Clark and Lowton. But I'd like to see Stevens given the chance as the natural left back, at least 30-45 minutes.

I know Lowton is a natural right back so my initial back four is playing someone out of place but I've rated Stevens in the friendlies, I think higher than a lot of people seem to have, so I'd like to see if he has the chops to confidently take the left back position.

If Warnock isn't involved I imagine that will seal his fate.

Still a week to go and he may have gone by then. If someone comes in for him that is.

I've rated Stevens in the friendlies, I think higher than a lot of people seem to have, so I'd like to see if he has the chops to confidently take the left back position.
I'd love Stevens to flourish but I wasn't impressed with his positioning in the games I've seen. Test him in the league cup games and reserves but I'm not sure about him just yet. A bit like Lichaj a couple of years ago.

when warnock was at blackburn he was a great player, very often played CM & LM. I dont think LB was ever his real position there. I always remember how much of a threat he was against us, he even ran the game against us at home one year and got the winner. I think he is worth keeping hold of, when our LM isnt performing, id push him up there and use Erik or Edna as LB. N'Zogs favourite position is RM, he stated this once, so if Albie isnt performing id put N'zog on the right & Warnock on the LM... but what do i know!

why hasnt Lambert frozen Warnock out like he did with Hutton. Tell him hes not in his plans and to look for another club.

I still think MON will come in for him late.

Interesting point from that Guardian article that he seemed a different player after the League Cup final defeat to United. Was a more than decent player, probably a combination of fitness and confidence issues has caused the slump in form.

I was happy when we signed him, and he was good for for his first season at least. There is a player in there, unlike Hutton. I'd still think we should replace him, but if not I'd back Lambert to get better performances out of him than GH or Voldemort.

I was happy when we signed him, and he was good for for his first season at least. There is a player in there, unlike Hutton. I'd still think we should replace him, but if not I'd back Lambert to get better performances out of him than GH or Voldemort.

Well it's about as long since Hutton had a good game as it is Warnock so your comparison is bizzare, he's been shit for 2 and a half years so that "player" is well hidden, as he was only average before that.

Warnock has to go down as one of the worst signings of MON's time in charge, when his contract runs out he will have cost us near on £16 million. Ridiculous for a shite left back.

He's like the reverse of the Heskey wonderland song.

I think people forget he was good when he first came (Or, fair enough, maybe they don't think he was initially as good as I do) but has had his confidence shattered, and even if you said justifiably that "He is a proffessional footballer of some experience and he should be able to shake that off and build himself up", he needs his spirit restoring.

Can't people how many people defend Warnock. He had a decent few months here but he's been a liability for years now. Under two separate managers he's been utterly shit. Get rid.

Houllier hardly played him and that did not help him on bit and everyone was rubbish under McLeish.

We need a new LB but e has not the only player who has been rubbish the last 2 or so years

he had half a good season when he got here. then he was rushed back from injury for a january FA cup tie against reading (i think) and has been poor ever since.

im not sure whether the injury did for him or whether he was always average but just played above himself for 6 months (like collins did).

however he's been poor for too long now and he has a (supposed) bad attitude. hopefully we can get MON to buy him for some ridiculously high fee

Â