Stephen Warnock

KSV

OK... i know.. yes everyone hates him at the moment. He had bad words to say about the club.. etc etc.

If he is willing to have a fresh start at the club gets back his form when he first joined...

Will everyone forgive and forget?

I miss having a left back at the club! Im not sure why we are supposedly chasing Hutton when we have Young and Lichaj and even Cuellar..

Im assuming that Warnock will be playing for Villa again. Be interesting to see the reaction.

Before his injuries.. i remember him making last ditch tackles.. real commitment to the cause.. Id love to see that form back despite what has gone on.. (of which i am not even 100% sure what happened).

As we all know.. in a working environment, when you have a boss that makes your life hard.. you want to leave and find a new job or tough it out till he leaves.

Yay or Nay for Warnock?

For me it's a no, never rated him even when he signed.. he will continue to give away silly free kicks in dangerous areas imo and his positional sense in defending is woeful.. though he will come back in anyway as McLeish is giving everyone a clean slate.

Warnock, deep down, is a good player but he burnt his bridges at the club when Houllier was here by letting his poor relationship with Ged spill over into him mouthing off about the club.

I think it's best that he's sold and we seek a replacement.

Another player badly mistreated by that nasty school teacher Mr Houllier.

Get him back in the team.

He's a experienced, Premier League proven left-back.

Has also been capped at international level at England and even went to the World Cup which was only 12 months ago.

P.S. Glad to see we have spelt his name correctly for this thread :)

Warnock, deep down, is a good player but he burnt his bridges at the club when Houllier was here by letting his poor relationship with Ged spill over into him mouthing off about the club.

I can’t remember him ever doing that? I ve heard rumours that he did, but nothing that has ever been shown in the press and verified.

Had a decent start with us and the defence may even improve slightly with him in it but that says more about our defence of a whole last season than necessarily him. As others have said he has burnt his bridges and he doesn't want to be here get shop of him for a couple of mil and move on.

I can’t remember him ever doing that? I ve heard rumours that he did, but nothing that has ever been shown in the press and verified.

It depends what you want to believe, If he didn't say these things then why didn't he rubbish the rumours that said he did? I'm not saying that that is conclusive proof or anything but it's a valid question here.

I just think he's a poor defender and I can't believe we paid £8m for him?!

I'd sell him for as much as we can and hopefully bring someone in better. Or even play Luke Young there, who is a lot better then Warnock. If Warnock stays I hope I eat my own words but positionally he's poor and he makes stupid tackles at times.

Seen him in the the rest of the lads in first-team pre-season training today on SSN.

Looked happy - probably because Houllier is gone.

Also seen Ireland in there.

He also looked happy - again because Houllier is gone.

Houllier was the cause of all the problems/disagreements/arguments/bust ups etc etc last season.

Like I said, Houllier was a nasty piece of work.

Â