Stephen Warnock

KSV

Good luck to Warnock. Always tried his hardest whenever he played. His best just wasn't good enough.

Just Dunne to get rid of now then all the over-paid MON signings have gone. Thank ****. 

he didnt originally sign him but didnt he gave Gabby the big contract he is on?

I think Houllier played Gabby on the wing mostly

Yeah, played Gabby out wide and Young through the middle.  When Gary Mac took over he swapped them back round iirc, and coincided with an improvement in results.  I still believe Houllier did the worse job of the 3 since O'Neill.

ah ok thought was MON. Strange Houllier gave him a contract as never looked like he would have been in his plans

I think MON gave Gabby his first 'big' contract, I vaguely remember it being reported that he'd signed a new one that gave him a significant boost in wages during O'Neill's tenure.  He then extended it under Houllier.  Unless I've imagined the whole thing.

Good luck to Warnock. Always tried his hardest whenever he played. His best just wasn't good enough.

Just Dunne to get rid of now then all the over-paid MON signings have gone. Thank ****. 

cough.. over paying players got us 6th in league twice... what would you rather take 6th or second from bottom?

cough.. over paying players got us 6th in league twice... what would you rather take 6th or second from bottom?

well if we didnt overpay players in 1t place we probably wouldnt be 2nd bottom. 6th is irrelevant you get nothing for it 

• 9 years later...
10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Waiting for him to revive the Habib Beye and Oyvind Leonhardsen threads next

Ah, I was looking for those...

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Former England international Stephen Warnock says he considered suicide after taking poor financial advice.

"I didn't sleep properly for six years off the back of that [financial advice]. I was going back into training every morning on maybe three hours' sleep."

The breakdown of Warnock's marriage coincided with his retirement, while there was a period in which he did not see his children.

Warnock, who had stints at Liverpool, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers in the Premier League, said his financial difficulties led to him postponing retirement, as he needed to continue earning money.

Warnock added that in the final years of his career he became "frustrated" with football and "lost the buzz" as he dropped down the leagues.

"Now I look back at it and think 'wow, I was massively depressed for years'. I retired at 35. I probably retired mentally at 31," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cll438d2d40o

Last week I've watched Danny Murphy and Wes Brown on podcasts talking about the same thing.

How difficult is It to turn earn 50k a week and buy a nice house and put the rest in savings accounts.

"If I have a 10, 15 year career at this level I'll have only have earned 10m - 15m net. I need to make some high risk investments!"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Last week I've watched Danny Murphy and Wes Brown on podcasts talking about the same thing.

How difficult is It to turn earn 50k a week and buy a nice house and put the rest in savings accounts.

"If I have a 10, 15 year career at this level I'll have only have earned 10m - 15m net. I need to make some high risk investments!"

The thing is that once you earn 10-15m, and you are a celebrity, you will be surrounded by various agents that try to sell you the dream.

You know you have to do something with that money (it's not just gonna sit in an account) and the sneaky men in suits have just the right idea for you.

It is easy to get burnt.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You should walk a mile in a man’s shoes before judging him, is the old saying that comes to mind in these circumstances and plenty of other circumstances too. 

Â