Stephen Warnock

KSV

Good riddance maybe, but another indictment of just how awfully our club has been run financially during his time here.

In for £8m no questions asked, given 40k a week no questions asked, out on a free.

He was a good signing at the time - very good first season under MON anyway and was exactly what we needed. However, unforeseen circumstances took hold and it all went to shit - which has been an unfortunate theme with us in the last couple of seasons. 

Lets not revise history though, no point doing that.

How much did this word removed end up costing us overall? 

If you estimate his wages @ ~40K a week, he cost somewhere between £13 - £18 million. You can probably go to the higher end of that scale as I'm sure he had performance/loyalty bonuses that would have been paid on top of his wages. Thanks MON.

Edited by villa89

Wonder what would have happened if Houllier hadn’t been appointed and someone else had ‘handled’ him better.

By the time Lambert arrived he was beyond damaged goods.

If you go back that was really the start of the rapid decline that's ruined the club. When MON walked out we were in a bad place but appointing Houllier really destroyed the club. If Randy had appointed a semi compotent manager instead of the ego maniac buffoon houllier then there's no chance the club would be in the mess its in now.  

Sorry for off topic...

• Like 2

I think most people that didnt watch Blackburn regularly were happy with the signing though not at the price. When he arrived we saw the flaws at 1st hand though a ridiculous rumour spread about him made the fans jump on his back.

he had a good 1st 6 months but that was it, downhill after it

I think most people that didnt watch Blackburn regularly were happy with the signing though not at the price. When he arrived we saw the flaws at 1st hand though a ridiculous rumour spread about him made the fans jump on his back.

he had a good 1st 6 months but that was it, downhill after it

You would be very surprised where that so called "rumour" came from! An impeccable source.

Good riddance to the clearing in the woods!

If you go back that was really the start of the rapid decline that's ruined the club. When MON walked out we were in a bad place but appointing Houllier really destroyed the club. If Randy had appointed a semi compotent manager instead of the ego maniac buffoon houllier then there's no chance the club would be in the mess its in now.  

Sorry for off topic...

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Houllier didn't do a great job by any means but the club was already in a huge mess before he even arrived.

I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. Houllier didn't do a great job by any means but the club was already in a huge mess before he even arrived.

A mess made worse by appointing Houllier and Mcleish (and this is not a comment on them this time) because of the constant chopping and changing and going from one strategy to another with no or little long term planning,  yet Lambert who has been here 6 months and follows that 2 and a half years of mess gets blamed and people saying its 50 50 between him and Lerner.  Cant understand that for one minute that Houllier gets excused because "the club was in a mess" but Lambert gets,  well,  Lambasted when the club was in a bigger mess that he is actually trying to sort out with feck all backing from Lerner.

As I said to you the other day,  strange things opinions.

• Like 1

A mess made worse by appointing Houllier and Mcleish (and this is not a comment on them this time) because of the constant chopping and changing and going from one strategy to another with no or little long term planning,  yet Lambert who has been here 6 months and follows that 2 and a half years of mess gets blamed and people saying its 50 50 between him and Lerner.  Cant understand that for one minute that Houllier gets excused because "the club was in a mess" but Lambert gets,  well,  Lambasted when the club was in a bigger mess that he is actually trying to sort out with feck all backing from Lerner.

As I said to you the other day,  strange things opinions.

I find it almost hilarious how you can sit and say Houllier and McLeish made the mess worse but completely excuse Lambert, despite the latter doing a much worse job then the former two. You talk about Houllier getting "excused" and Lambert getting all the blame (both false) yet you're excusing Lambert and blaming everything on McLeish, Houllier and Lerner.

Edited by Mantis

You would be very surprised where that so called "rumour" came from! An impeccable source.

Good riddance to the clearing in the woods!

yet this rumour was only on Villatalk. never in any of the newspapers or media and no quotes from teh club or player or management

Â