Stephen Warnock

KSV

I expect the feeling is mutual.

He was pissed around badly by Houllier and now by Lambert.

I'm sure he's glad to see the back of the  club.

So do you think it was for no reason?

Or because we spent £8m for a LB past his peak, who gave us half a good season in return?

Has to be one of them doesn't it?

Great news.

There may not be any solid evidence that he was disruptive, but there have been some pretty major hints in the media as well as the fact that he was dropped by four managers (admittedly the first of these was probably because he was playing shockingly).  Someone on here that was close to the club said as much too - I think it was MM but can't quite remember for certain.

This from the Forest thread, for perspective. I'm not selectively quoting, there were no good reports on him.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Warnock gives the ball away, wins it back and then backheels it out of play

Dear God....

Let him make his mistakes now while we still have time to replace him.

Agree let Lambert see what we all know already about Warnock.. he will soon do what is right and replace him.

Warnock foul= Goal! still at it is He!!

... Warnock was awful as ever...

Brother (who was is the game) just called me:-

Said that ...Warnock very poor

Just a brief report

Warnock - shouldn't be given another shirt to put on, not good

Warnock* - Worst player on the pitch by far, must have let the ball go out of play because of his poor touch 3/4 times. Shocking!

*NB on Warnock, Honestly wound me up so much today, he was nothing but utter utter shite! Get him out! Why Lichaj wasn't playing LB i do not know...

For me, Warnock Ireland & NZogbia should not be given the shirt

They dilute the team, passengers would be a good description

We're not going to get a 100% accurate rundown of what he may or may not have done wrong, whether he was disruptive  or whether that was an exaggerated and unfair charge.

It doesn't matter.

Bottom line is the situation wasn't working, he hasn't played well for some time, he seems to be one of the higher earners who (through no fault of their own) are stopping us from getting new players in, and there also seems to be some tension between him and some others, whether that's just the current and previous managers, or other staff.

It's clearly in everyone's best interest that a move is arranged which he finds acceptable.  If that's happened, great, and let's all move on.

Either way, we couldn't be weaker - he was toss - and his wages are now off the books.

Exactly. Don't get all the snide negative comments. His departure has probably freed up wages for Sylla and whoever else we may bring in.

Â