Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

few people are truly really searching for angel delight in my experience

You think they confused it with angel cake ?

Contentment and oneness, people buy the shit they are instructed to that is advertised at them in the belief it will get them where they want to be. Actually, all along, every lunging credit stretching splash in the cold grey greasey water to grab the passing mass produced plastic amazon and e-bay flotsam of life only pushes their dirty dinghy of despair further out into the dying polluted ocean of corporate consumer monkey hell. People that buy angel delight, or nail gloss or this year's cut of denim or xbox games or luxury branded pasta are just dead inside, bleeding out over their facebook timeline and hoping to find the hashtag zombie cure. But Tesco don't sell zombie cures, Asda don't sell zombie cures, Harvey Nicks or Starbucks or Dunkin' Flunkies don't sell zombie cures. They sell the fetid filth that fills our lungs, hearts and souls with an addictive creeping nicotine of stuff, stuff and more stuff.

Saying that, I do like that jam steam pudding sponge they do in tins.

Starbucks

Went there for the first time ever today. It was a bad experience. Costa is so much more civilised.

In town there is a Costa next to a hotel, so the hotel bar have put a sign out between the buildings that advertises "Great coffee that doesn't Costa lot"

bugger!

nah, they just said on the news that Yarnold is going to 10 Downing Street tomorrow, so I just thought, y'know, hopefully everyone got an invite because frankly, JJ was first and made everyone everywhere smile

No invite as far as i know. She deserves the spotlight

hmmmm

Why all speeds are relative (see general relativity) except the speed of light.

The speed of light is relative to the speed of light passing through a different medium. (If I've understood your use of the word "relative" correctly.)

Think of "C" as an upper limit for the speed anything can move, Like zero is the slowest.

Why do tennis ball have the swirly S bit/join on them?

It's the way they were stitched back in the day and I think the people who run tennis realised that the seam made the ball more aerodynamic and fly better (take note World Cup football manufacturers...) so when rules were introduced to standardise tennis ball design and behaviour they kept the S.  Baseballs have the S too but they are still stitched. 

• Like 1

Why all speeds are relative (see general relativity) except the speed of light.

The speed of light is relative to the speed of light passing through a different medium. (If I've understood your use of the word "relative" correctly.)

Think of "C" as an upper limit for the speed anything can move, Like zero is the slowest.

The example I had in my head was that a car is traveling along a road and is overtaken by another car, now the speed of the overtaking car is obviously dependent on who is observing it, e.g car b is traveling at 20mph relative to car a but 80mph relative to someone who is at rest on the side of the road.

Take it to extremes though and imagine the car is traveling at 180,000 miles per second and flicks on its headlights, it doesn't matter whether you are in the car or observing from the side of the road the light still travels at 186,000 miles per second. I guess this goes someway to explaining why time slows down when approaching the speed of light because when you travel faster in space, time must slow down to compensate.

Fascinating stuff which I'm only just starting to get my head around.

Sure, mirrors aren't the same, but have you lot never seen yourselves on video? 

(Yes, I agree, it's horrible, just like hearing your own voice on a recording). 

Yeah this is it for me. Watching yourself on film is an eye opener (for people who don't regularly see it)

On that very subject, I've just this evening been editing some live video footage of my old band (Warp Factor Five), from the mid-1980s. 

Very spooky experience, watching myself on stage thirty years ago.  :unsure:

Â