Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I used to read and probably posted about 5 or 6 times on H&V

Basically on train journeys to and from work 5 days a week would be taken up by VT and H&V pre and post match threads, in the summer both transfer threads. 

But now I only travel to work 2 days a week I don't need to pad it out with H&V reading.  Barely glanced at it in the last year to be honest. 

VT is superior in every way. 

On this subject, I often wonder if any other football club has a forum like VT? I don’t spend much time looking at boards for other clubs, but the ones I have seen always seem a bit of a mess

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

On this subject, I often wonder if any other football club has a forum like VT? I don’t spend much time looking at boards for other clubs, but the ones I have seen always seem a bit of a mess

A few years back I looked at an Oldham forum due to following links. Massively racist, EDL seemed fairly liberal in comparison. 

51 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The only other forum I read from time to time is Sunderland's, the amount of anger on it is astonishing. Posters just calling each other words removed constantly.

Ah, sweet freedom. I'd do nothing but this if the mods weren't constantly on my back ;)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

One for our medical experts..... I wonder how someone can still be obese despite having 75% of their stomach removed ? Surely smaller stomach means less capacity to store food and lead to a smaller appetite ?

I'm probably missing something obvious here but....someone I knew ripped off their other half over £12k to have the op done & then 12 months later dumped him, leaving him to pay the rest off. She is a total word removed and I am glad she is still an effing whale but it baffles me as to how weight gain is still possible 

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

One for our medical experts..... I wonder how someone can still be obese despite having 75% of their stomach removed ? Surely smaller stomach means less capacity to store food and lead to a smaller appetite ?

I'm probably missing something obvious here but....someone I knew ripped off their other half over £12k to have the op done & then 12 months later dumped him, leaving him to pay the rest off. She is a total word removed and I am glad she is still an effing whale but it baffles me as to how weight gain is still possible 

Dedication

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

That sounds familiar in one sense.  Purely anecdotally but I've known a few who've done the gastric bypass and they all had a lot more going on than just how much they could put in their face.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The only other forum I read from time to time is Sunderland's, the amount of anger on it is astonishing. Posters just calling each other words removed constantly.

I used to be on a (non football) forum where they had a sub forum called “the flame pit”

Basically whenever things got nasty the mods would step in (as they do here) but rather than stopping it in its tracks, they would move the posts to the flame pit. Here the arguing posters could carry on arguing to their heart’s content, but it had to stay in the flame pit. 

It was very entertaining

(I’m not suggesting we do that here. It got very nasty. But it was funny)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I saw a documentary about people who had had this done. 

One woman had a gastric band (not quite the same but same principle) and she had discovered she could “fool” it by having high calorie drinks which would give her lots of calories but wouldn’t fill her up. 

At no point did she mention WHY she would want to do that. But she had successfully remained fat. 

It was baffling

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

This is definately in the right thread.Why would a fat person pay to get that done only to stay fat ?????

Well quite. That’s why it was baffling. 

She seemed to have an addiction to the actual calories. Which makes no sense seeing as calories themselves have no taste or benefit. 

I couldn’t figure it out.

i think calories and nutrition are the thing that the general population are least educated about compared to how much we encounter them in our lives

Â