Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Also the Lake District and Hadrian's Wall.  

Ah well Hadrian’s Wall I’ve been to but I was in Northumberland to see it, mainly so I could act the bit in “Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves” with the tree.

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Ah well Hadrian’s Wall I’ve been to but I was in Northumberland to see it, mainly so I could act the bit in “Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves” with the tree.

You're not allowed to climb on the wall anymore. 

Always loved his route back to Nottingham, lands at Dover, visits Hadrian's Wall then goes to Nottingham. Then has a bath in a waterfall in North Yorkshire. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why did Ford call their car the EcoSport?

It is neither 'eco' or sporty. 

The name of that car actually made me sort of look in to it, see if it was worth buying.

My findings were essentially your second line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

The name of that car actually made me sort of look in to it, see if it was worth buying.

My findings were essentially your second line.

Ok OK OK , we get it, you're not easily fooled by catchy names and slogans :D:P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Ok OK OK , we get it, you're not easily fooled by catchy names and slogans :D:P

Been caught out before when I spent good money on the Ford Cock Extension XL.

Drove that thing for 3 years, cock never budged from the original 9 inches.

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

You’re holding the ruler the wrong way round. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You don't measure from the small of your back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For what’s it’s worth, it’s part of England I’ve been meaning to visit for some time. Probably because Carlisle being the major city of the area (and I always assume areas with unsuccessful football teams are generally rural), but it always come across as one of the most “unspoilt” areas of the country.

I’m probably wrong with that assumption, in reality it’s a load of disappointing market towns. But in my head, it’s a kinda quiet little rural haven with charmingly Victorian towns and villages.

I read somewhere that Cumbria is the 2nd least densely populated county in England... only behind Shropshire!

I know someone in Carlisle and they like it. Plenty of decent bars and pubs and they seem to enjoy life up there. Its not without problems... fights in the city centre at night when the pubs empty, but you get that in Lichfield!

Barrow is a bit grim from what I understand, and suffers with drugs. I think most market towns do to some extent.

Of course you have the Lakes as well, the towns by there are very nice, but always busy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I read somewhere that Cumbria is the 2nd least densely populated county in England... only behind Shropshire!

I know someone in Carlisle and they like it. Plenty of decent bars and pubs and they seem to enjoy life up there. Its not without problems... fights in the city centre at night when the pubs empty, but you get that in Lichfield!

Barrow is a bit grim from what I understand, and suffers with drugs. I think most market towns do to some extent.

Of course you have the Lakes as well, the towns by there are very nice, but always busy. 

There was a feature on Barrow on telly the other night with Simon Reeve who is always excellent

There is indeed a lot of poverty and social problems in Barrow.  I suspect if the didn't build and maintain Royal Navy subs there the town would completely die. 

Would be like a British seaside town without even the remnants of a Tourism industry. 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

What the **** is this shit. I love Cumbria and I am from Shropshire and I ain't **** dense. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

i often-ish wonder why @bannedfromHandV was.......erm........y'know, banned from H&V ?

Did you dare to disagree with or damage the ego of Uncle Dave ? 😉

🤣🤣

I got into a war of words with a number of posters on there (one or two of which I suspect are/were posters here too) toward the end of MoN’s tenure, putting aside the fact there appeared to me to be a number of numptys posting on that board I deserved to get booted. I was a lot younger and I took it too far, got suspended first, then created multiple new accounts until they banned the IP addresses associated with my logins.

So I signed up here soon after and created my account still raging and hence the username, I kinda wish I’d chosen something else now but hey ho! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

🤣🤣

I got into a war of words with a number of posters on there (one or two of which I suspect are/were posters here too) toward the end of MoN’s tenure, putting aside the fact there appeared to me to be a number of numptys posting on that board I deserved to get booted. I was a lot younger and I took it too far, got suspended first, then created multiple new accounts until they banned the IP addresses associated with my logins.

So I signed up here soon after and created my account still raging and hence the username, I kinda wish I’d chosen something else now but hey ho! 

Fair play to your honesty and persistence with the new accounts - you obviously weren't going quietly !

I am a very occasional H&V visitor and i think i've seen Risso on there who may be the same one as on here ?

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

I used to read and probably posted about 5 or 6 times on H&V

Basically on train journeys to and from work 5 days a week would be taken up by VT and H&V pre and post match threads, in the summer both transfer threads. 

But now I only travel to work 2 days a week I don't need to pad it out with H&V reading.  Barely glanced at it in the last year to be honest. 

VT is superior in every way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I used to read and probably posted about 5 or 6 times on H&V

Basically on train journeys to and from work 5 days a week would be taken up by VT and H&V pre and post match threads, in the summer both transfer threads. 

But now I only travel to work 2 days a week I don't need to pad it out with H&V reading.  Barely glanced at it in the last year to be honest. 

VT is superior in every way. 

I once saw h&v supremo dave Woodhall on midlands today  regarding a Villa topic years ago and I took an instant dislike to his smug gob and attitude 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I once saw h&v supremo dave Woodhall on midlands today  regarding a Villa topic years ago and I took an instant dislike to his smug gob and attitude 

I take an instant dislike to anyone who's willing to portray themselves as the voice of the fans, like that miserable Man City clearing in the woods getting into a public tiff with Pep.

• Like 2

Â