Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Have you drank any good tequilas? It's one of those drinks I think suffers from usually only being drank in cheap shots when you're already the wrong side of bladdered

The thought of it made me feel sick due to years of association with very poor judgement on student nights out, but there's a tequila and mezcal bar near me, and I was persuaded to try a few. I wouldn't reach for a bottle often, but there's a lot more to it than salt on your hand and a wedge of lemon 

I used to live near a Mexican restaurant that served aged tequila after dinner, a bit like a whisky. Was pretty nice... definitely a lot nicer than a tequila shot in a student club, although can't say it motivated me to ever buy any.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Have you drank any good tequilas? It's one of those drinks I think suffers from usually only being drank in cheap shots when you're already the wrong side of bladdered

The thought of it made me feel sick due to years of association with very poor judgement on student nights out, but there's a tequila and mezcal bar near me, and I was persuaded to try a few. I wouldn't reach for a bottle often, but there's a lot more to it than salt on your hand and a wedge of lemon 

Yeah I've tried a few high end ones but even those I wasn't keen on. Each to their own though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah I've tried a few high end ones but even those I wasn't keen on. Each to their own though. 

To be honest, it wouldn't be in my top 10 drinks at a bar, I've had one evening on it in the last 10 years :D 

5 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Sorry, are we still on Tequila or have we moved onto hookers now? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You need tequila for margaritas though, and margaritas are awesome. Also Long Island iced tea.

I adore margaritas.

My father in law makes them all the time if we go round theirs.

It's amazing how much the quality depends on the lime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I often wonder, if that needs to be on the bucket list.

A high end hooker that is?

Nah, you couldn't enjoy it, if you paid a fortune for it. Like flying first class... great experience but will have buyers remorse for ages! :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nah, you couldn't enjoy it, if you paid a fortune for it. Like flying first class... great experience but will have buyers remorse for ages! :D 

Actually thought that. An that the Mrs wouldn't be too happy waiting downstairs.😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

You need tequila for margaritas though, and margaritas are awesome. Also Long Island iced tea.

The hotel I stayed at in Cancun did margarita smoothies and you could top it up yourself with more tequila from a tap which was delightful.  I was very shitfaced for most of that holiday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â