Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

Who is actually going to pay money to subscribe to Britbox? 

Well, I guess it depends on what BBC, ITV, C4, etc. plan to do with their existing (free) streaming services. 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Are there any barbers left in Turkey?

Good question. However, the one in Kings Heath that I know of is run by Albanians. The "Turkish Barbers" in Stirchley where my dad goes is run by 2 brummies who saw the money in changing their name. 

Fun fact: I once travelled from Sofia back to Istanbul just for a haircut. My local barber in the Kadikoy district of Istanbul used to treat me like royalty. Cut, wax up the nose, lemon fire stick things on the ear hair, neck and head massage and massive amounts of tea. All for around £3 a time.

I'm sure he wanted to wrestle with me during the moonlit hours doused in fragrant oils, but I didn't care.

• Like 2

One in Kings Heath is shit. The one in Moseley is worse. There isnt a single good gents barber in moseley. Fino was decent a year back but the guy they have in at the moment is terrible. 

There seems to be a current trend where barbers have to fade everything or use texturising scissors. Just cut my hair. Nothing fancy. Job done and I'm on my way. Turkish barbers are the worst for pissing about doing pointless crap.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

I wont go to one, the one in kiddy just do their own thing, guaranteed square neck, depends on which one of them you get as to what your sideburns will look like (including one who shaved mine down to a line like a 17 year old) razor shaved bits, sometimes something up your nose, it's a ask for something and hope for the best job

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Why is it that on VT there are for example now:  57 Members and 150 guests.

Who or what are the guests and why don't they have a login.  

Bit weird ?

I have a few mates who just browse.

Just now, bickster said:

Pol Pot was more popular than @lapal_fan :trollface:

https://www.globalpolicy.org/component/content/article/190/39190.html 

Friends of Pol Pot 

It is my duty," wrote the correspondent for The Times of London at the liberation of the Nazi death camp at Belsen, "to describe something beyond the imagination of mankind." That was how I felt in the summer of 1979 when I arrived in Cambodia. In the silent humidity, houses, office blocks, hotels and schools stood empty, as if vacated that day. In the ruined National Bank, blown up by the retreating Khmer Rouge, a pair of spectacles rested on a ledger. When the afternoon monsoon broke, the streets nearby ran with money as thousands of brand-new banknotes washed away in the gutter. Children, orphans, collected and dried them for fuel; I can still hear the crackle as the money burned.

Rik Mayall GIF

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s 2 barbers and one is free whilst the other is busy. But I said I will wait for the one that is busy (because he does my beard better). 

Now I wonder does the barber that is now just sitting around feel slightly offended?  Surely not right?

the fact you have a beard probably means they are both offended :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I travel on a bus, on a train and on a plane.  

I travel in a car, in a taxi and in a lorry. 

Why is it "in" rather than "on" or vice versa?

You can walk around the first group, but not the second? The logic fits for being 'on a boat'[ too, but might be a bit of a stretch.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

You can walk around the first group, but not the second? The logic fits for being 'on a boat'[ too, but might be a bit of a stretch.

But......I travel on a horse, on a sledge and on a bike. 

Would you say you traveled on a submarine or in a submarine? 

Â