Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Is Bigfoot ( Sasquatch) real.

Unfortunately, I think not.

But I’ve seen one of the big cats we get excited about over here. I thought there was someone on my conservatory roof, it was creaking with the weight. It was about 1 in the morning so I burst out on to the patio to confront them. We stopped and stared at each other as I tried to work out what the **** it was. Bigger, chunkier and sleeker than a fox I was trying to make it a dog of some sort but I knew it wasn’t, then it moved off quite rapid and was clearly a cat.

True story that.

• Like 1

Along the lines of @Seat68's question: 

How do the obscenity filters work?  Do they clean it up for you and you're good to go or do you still get a warning because you violated a rule?  

Are most of the occurrences of substitute phrases actually the result of the filter or have they been typed in by the posters because they know it's going to come out that way anyway (and doing so might avert a warning)?

What is "Representative of Wellington" a stand-in for?   I get "clearing in the woods" and think I know what "word removed" is.   The Wellington one seems a fairly recent addition.

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Along the lines of @Seat68's question: 

How do the obscenity filters work?  Do they clean it up for you and you're good to go or do you still get a warning because you violated a rule?  

Are most of the occurrences of substitute phrases actually the result of the filter or have they been typed in by the posters because they know it's going to come out that way anyway (and doing so might avert a warning)?

What is "Representative of Wellington" a stand-in for?   I get "clearing in the woods" and think I know what "word removed" is.   The Wellington one seems a fairly recent addition.

Rep for Wellingborough is a joke. It replaces To$$er. Because the MP for Wellingborough is quite frankly a bit of a To$$er. It wasn’t added as anything other than an in joke after said perso did something particularly irritating.

Word Removed was the first and just replaced the C word

clearing is the Middle English origination of the t word iird

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

Is Bigfoot ( Sasquatch) real.

no

but I don't know the story as to why they did it, loch ness for example driving around the highlands and finding yourself pulled to a loch that really is no better or prettier than many of the other lochs and doesn't have that much there other than the museum and the castle near by which doesn't look anything special but is always busy or fort Augustus where you can fight your way through American (and now Chinese) tourists taking pictures of the English tourists on boat holidays before you leave the country via a tourist shop buying as much nessie tat as possible, I can cynically guess what happened in loch ness and why they did it

bigfoot is different, I don't know the aftermath and what its done, couldn't even tell you where in America it was said to be, nessie made loch ness world famous, as famous as big foot is the cashing in on him seems to be less successful 

51 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The funniest thing about the people who slate her actively root through her history and families history to dig up dirt. 

She's been selectively quoted to make her look bad "You stole my future" accompanied by pictures of her rich parents next to poor kids in Africa, when the full quote was "You stole my future, and I'm one of the lucky ones". :lol: 

These people spend more time disproving/slating/making up lies/ then actually researching and coming up with counter argument.  Honestly, if I see another "BUT THE WORLD HEATS UP AND COOLS DOWN ON IT'S OWN!!!!" argument, I'll hurt myself. 

Exactly. And the other week I saw a picture of her wearing some t-shirt that if I got it right was a fascist t-shirt and then her appologising saying that she didn't know what it was. Then they had a picture of her parents in the same t-shirt which clearly should point out that she knew fully well what she was wearing. Of course this was spread out on the internet, and of course it was photoshopped. At least the pictures of her parents. Why go out of your way for things like this?

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Why are so many, mostly middle aged men, so afraid of a 16 year old girl

We know what you Swedes are like, and we are scared of one more Queen fan in the world

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

We know what you Swedes are like, and we are scared of one more Queen fan in the world

Well, there's always that, of course. :) But that's too late, the new Queen generation is already here. :D

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

The funniest thing about the people who slate her actively root through her history and families history to dig up dirt. 

She's been selectively quoted to make her look bad "You stole my future" accompanied by pictures of her rich parents next to poor kids in Africa, when the full quote was "You stole my future, and I'm one of the lucky ones". :lol: 

These people spend more time disproving/slating/making up lies/ then actually researching and coming up with counter argument.  Honestly, if I see another "BUT THE WORLD HEATS UP AND COOLS DOWN ON IT'S OWN!!!!" argument, I'll hurt myself. 

They was also the picture of her eating stuff on the train, moaning about her use of plastics etc.

She was eating veggie/vegan food from fully recyclable materials.

All it takes is 1 minute of research and it disproves their argument. But they won't because it doesn't suit it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

They was also the picture of her eating stuff on the train, moaning about her use of plastics etc.

She was eating veggie/vegan food from fully recyclable materials.

All it takes is 1 minute of research and it disproves their argument. But they won't because it doesn't suit it.

And as soon as they've hit send, they've moved on and won't consider their incorrectness, despite being wrong, as you said. 

That's the problem with most people, they just want to get likes from fellow simpletons.

Like if you agree. 

• Like 2

Â