tonyh29

Things you often Wonder

38 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Can you get yourself banned if you Post on Poster, on yourself? 🤔

Only if you're pfe.

Wait, this is @lapal_fan we are talking about, innit? Everything is pfe.

Why did the BBC choose Danny Dyer to host "The Wall", when he can't say it? 

"Vuh Worw". 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What is Post on poster? I should have asked on day 1.

You should know by now you country lovin’ clearing in the woods, everyone knows it’s you and that other clearing in the woods @chrisp65 are always slowest on the uptake.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What is Post on poster? I should have asked on day 1.

Play the ball not the man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you are responding to a cretin, be sure not to quote them in your response and fuzzy up the the issue by referring to generic cretins plural.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Is Bigfoot ( Sasquatch) real.

Yes. In the same way that Harry Potter is.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Unfortunately, I think not.

But I’ve seen one of the big cats we get excited about over here. I thought there was someone on my conservatory roof, it was creaking with the weight. It was about 1 in the morning so I burst out on to the patio to confront them. We stopped and stared at each other as I tried to work out what the **** it was. Bigger, chunkier and sleeker than a fox I was trying to make it a dog of some sort but I knew it wasn’t, then it moved off quite rapid and was clearly a cat.

True story that.

• Like 1

Along the lines of @Seat68's question: 

How do the obscenity filters work?  Do they clean it up for you and you're good to go or do you still get a warning because you violated a rule?  

Are most of the occurrences of substitute phrases actually the result of the filter or have they been typed in by the posters because they know it's going to come out that way anyway (and doing so might avert a warning)?

What is "Representative of Wellington" a stand-in for?   I get "clearing in the woods" and think I know what "word removed" is.   The Wellington one seems a fairly recent addition.

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Along the lines of @Seat68's question: 

How do the obscenity filters work?  Do they clean it up for you and you're good to go or do you still get a warning because you violated a rule?  

Are most of the occurrences of substitute phrases actually the result of the filter or have they been typed in by the posters because they know it's going to come out that way anyway (and doing so might avert a warning)?

What is "Representative of Wellington" a stand-in for?   I get "clearing in the woods" and think I know what "word removed" is.   The Wellington one seems a fairly recent addition.

Rep for Wellingborough is a joke. It replaces To$$er. Because the MP for Wellingborough is quite frankly a bit of a To$$er. It wasn’t added as anything other than an in joke after said perso did something particularly irritating.

Word Removed was the first and just replaced the C word

clearing is the Middle English origination of the t word iird

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

no

but I don't know the story as to why they did it, loch ness for example driving around the highlands and finding yourself pulled to a loch that really is no better or prettier than many of the other lochs and doesn't have that much there other than the museum and the castle near by which doesn't look anything special but is always busy or fort Augustus where you can fight your way through American (and now Chinese) tourists taking pictures of the English tourists on boat holidays before you leave the country via a tourist shop buying as much nessie tat as possible, I can cynically guess what happened in loch ness and why they did it

bigfoot is different, I don't know the aftermath and what its done, couldn't even tell you where in America it was said to be, nessie made loch ness world famous, as famous as big foot is the cashing in on him seems to be less successful 

Â