Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought both were true? He was first and signed it with an enormous elaborate signature

It's always been presumed he signed it first, but nobody actually knows iirc. The term comes from the fact his signature is striking, as its massive elaborate and easy to read. It's basically the most striking part of one of the most important and famous documents in history.

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has there ever, in the history of time, been a recorded incident of a Nissan Micra going faster than 20 mph?

Yes. These ones can get up to 26mph:

micra_zps6pfcxmx3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Has there ever, in the history of time, been a recorded incident of a Nissan Micra going faster than 20 mph?

Never, and I have never seen one that doesn't have it's arse scraping along the road. It's either some obese middle aged man or 23 spotty teenagers crammed in.

The Nissan Micra serves a very important purpose on public roads.  Its presence immediately alerts you to a bad driver, so you can proactively give them extra room.  Without the Micra, that person would be in something less conspicuous and you might only learn about their special requirements when it's too late !

I always found the Citroen AX served a similar purpose when it was alive.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They are roomy though. The ones I see seem to have about 8 people in them. Multiple generations of the same family. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

They are roomy though. The ones I see seem to have about 8 people in them. Multiple generations of the same family. 

That's because they're so slow there's time to raise a family before you get to where you're going.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

How I have not won the Internet tonight, picture of cute puppy posted, deadpool 2 right in the correct order, if only had a more popular  forum name :D

Just saying.

• Like 3

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:44, Designer1 said:

Where's the thread starter gone? :detect:

(particularly as there's a GE around the corner)

I've been lurking and reading threads to stay abreast of things  just not really had time to post , I'll be online election night as results come in adding my words of wisdom,   Diane Abbott style , to the debate

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I've been lurking and reading threads to stay abreast of things  just not really had time to post , I'll be online election night as results come in adding my words of wisdom,   Diane Abbott style , to the debate

Good, as long as you hadn't snuffed it that's OK :D

39 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Good, as long as you hadn't snuffed it that's OK :D

Yeah, would have been pointless, as nobody had him in the deadpool. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, would have been pointless, as nobody had him in the deadpool. 

are you allowed to pick yourself and then go out on a binge of M&M's ,spare ribs and beer ..or is that considered cheating ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

are you allowed to pick yourself and then go out on a binge of M&M's ,spare ribs and beer ..or is that considered cheating ?

Instant disqualification. 

This pondering could have gone in any number of the current terror-related threads but having just seen on the BBC news site that three more people have been arrested in connection with the London Bridge / Borough Market incident, I have to wonder how viable these arrests are. It's front page news every time there are arrests and then a few days later we hear a whisper that all arrested have been released without charge.

So I wonder how many of these post-incident arrests ever actually go anywhere.

6 hours ago, choffer said:

This pondering could have gone in any number of the current terror-related threads but having just seen on the BBC news site that three more people have been arrested in connection with the London Bridge / Borough Market incident, I have to wonder how viable these arrests are. It's front page news every time there are arrests and then a few days later we hear a whisper that all arrested have been released without charge.

So I wonder how many of these post-incident arrests ever actually go anywhere.

The police (mostly) aren't looking to arrest people for wrongdoing, but to sweat them for information in interrogation, especially anything that would reveal a network. 

It also helpfully breeds distrust amongst cell members if they know that some of them have spent a night or two under heavy questioning. 

• Like 2

Â