Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

23 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

That's an interesting thought.  Cows wouldn't really have a natural predator in the UK would they?  We could end up overrun by the bastards.

It would be the opposite wouldn't it? There's only so many cows because we breed and farm them for food (and milk).

If we didn't need so many cows to eat, I'd guess it would be more likely that they'd go extinct rather then we get overrun by them. 

• Like 1

In general on the vegetarian thing, the older I get, the more I find myself agreeing with vegetarianism.

I'm not sure if I could ever fully make the switch myself. I love the taste of meat. But it's something I sympathise with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

In general on the vegetarian thing, the older I get, the more I find myself agreeing with vegetarianism.

I'm not sure if I could ever fully make the switch myself. I love the taste of meat. But it's something I sympathise with. 

I like it when I find a really religious person who is a veggie.

It recks their head when you explain that if you believe in creationism then God game us teeth to be meet eaters. Therefore being a veggie is going against God's will.

Unless they believe in the theory of evolution of course, in which case being a veggie is fine and some could argue a natural progression. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I like it when I find a really religious person who is a veggie.

It recks their head when you explain that if you believe in creationism then God game us teeth to be meet eaters. Therefore being a veggie is going against God's will.

Unless they believe in the theory of evolution of course, in which case being a veggie is fine and some could argue a natural progression. 

I think that's a myth. Plenty of mammals are herbivores and have canine teeth for eating things like bark, or they just have them for display to threaten off other animals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I think that's a myth. Plenty of mammals are herbivores and have canine teeth for eating things like bark, or they just have them for display to threaten off other animals.

I've watched Hippos eating meat, on tv of course.

Love watching animal documentaries with my favourite being crocodiles. 

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yeah it is but it's fun and they don't seem to know that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

That's probably the smartest thing you've ever said.

19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Those hungry, hungry hippos.

And then that.

:lol:  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's probably the smartest thing you've ever said.

It was something I'd heard before but had to google.

Without google I'd have probably said "I believe they're leaf teeth".

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As a mixed grill is my favourite meal, I don't think I could give meat up fully. 

Sorry.

Can't help it.

600full-carry-on-again-doctor-photo-1.jp

• Like 2

Last night I ventured into Brum for the first time in years to see Ricky Gervais' show.  Thanks to the VTers who advised me to park at Five Ways.  It worked a treat.

Towards the end of the show a guy walked right to the front of the stage and interputed the show with "You used to be funny but you're not any more".

Gervais just said "And?". 

The audience was there because they do think he's funny and reacted accordingly. 

Security removed him from the Arena before he could say anything else.   

If you've paid money and think the show is rubbish,   why not leave and have a nice meal and a drink so that it hasn't been a wasted night.

Regardless of whether you like the artist concerned or not, what the hell did he think it would achieve? 

What was his dream scenario? 

Gervais is hardly going to say "Fair point.  I'll train to become an accountant instead.  Thanks for the career advice."

Nor is the audience likely to rise as one and shout "He's right you know.  Your work has decreased in quality in comparison to several years ago."   

• Like 3

Although "And?" isn't a very witty response. 

Most standups have a battery of heckler ripostes up their sleeves - "Is that your own brain, or are you running it in for a cretin?", that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Although "And?" isn't a very witty response. 

Most standups have a battery of heckler ripostes up their sleeves - "Is that your own brain, or are you running it in for a cretin?", that sort of thing. 

Gervais certainly looked a little taken aback, but I think he would have put the guy in his place had the security not dragged him out within seconds.

I like it when a comedian comes up with a put down specifically for the heckler, rather than just a generic one they came up with before hand.

Â