Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

am i the only one who when being faced with them going through the whole farmyard animal noise phase proudly taught my niece and nephews what noise does the dinosaur make?

RRRROOOOOOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR

Edited by villa4europe

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

am i the only one who when being faced with them going through the whole farmyard animal noise phase proudly taught my niece and nephews what noise does the dinosaur make?

I think for the full Percy Edwards effect you need two feet of drainpipe.

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Two stories used to do the rounds about an episode of Dempsey's Den (a children's programme where Zig and Zag, and the notorious Dustin the Turkey started off)

The first goes that they had a segment one day where they all took turns doing farm yard animal noises
Zig was asked what does the cow say.  "The cow goes moo".  Very good
Zag was asked what does the sheep say.  "The sheep goes baaa".  Very good.

And Dustin the Turkey was asked what does the pig say. "The pig says "Would you mind stepping out of the vehicle for a minute please sir"".

The other story goes along similar lines in that someone was suspended for a month by RTÉ because they went with the following version of Old MacDonald

Old McDonald had a farm,
Ee-Ei-Ee-Ei-Oo,
And on his farm he had a pig,
Ee-Ei-Ee-Ei-Oo,
And the pig went "Have ye any tax on that veh-he-cal now"
Ee-Ei-Ee-Ei-Oo.

Sadly I can't find the clips on youtube or confirmation that it's anything other than an urban myth :(

• Like 1

On a long car journey when my kids were young, I once terminated a round of 'Old Macdonald' that was getting tiresome, with "And on that farm he had some mute swans..." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

The bloke's a fool!

I think he came to the same conclusion when he discovered his missus was a godbotherer who gave him hell over the whole evolution thing. 

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

On a long car journey when my kids were young, I once terminated a round of 'Old Macdonald' that was getting tiresome, with "And on that farm he had some mute swans..." 

To me if you mentioned swans in that context hot fuzz would come in to conversation 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To me if you mentioned swans in that context hot fuzz would come in to conversation 

That's a 'whoosh' reference for me, I'm afraid... 

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't they now think that dinosaurs probably had feathers?

Which makes Jurassic Park look very inaccurate :D 

But seriously, I was a huge Jurassic Park fan too. I think I was 9 or 10 when that came out.
I remember listening to the radio and they were doing the film chart. Jurassic Park had finally been knocked off the top spot at the box office, and my little 10 year old brain couldn't understand it. I couldn't comprehend that any movie could be "better" than Jurassic Park (I clearly didn't understand how the chart worked either)

Jurassic Park was the first film I saw twice at the cinema. I begged my Mom to take me to see it again. 

The special effects were amazing. We just take it for granted now. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That's a 'whoosh' reference for me, I'm afraid... 

I thought it might! I'll try and YouTube it when I'm on the laptop, watch hot fuzz, I think it's criminally underrated mainly because of the yank / cult following of Shaun of the dead but hot fuzz is probably up there with four lions and the guard as my favourite British comedy of recent years

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

up there with the guard as my favourite British comedy of recent years

I'm awfully sorry. Come again? Carefully?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought it might! I'll try and YouTube it when I'm on the laptop, watch hot fuzz, I think it's criminally underrated mainly because of the yank / cult following of Shaun of the dead but hot fuzz is probably up there with four lions and the guard as my favourite British comedy of recent years

Oh, that. Yeah, I've seen it. I had a mate (sadly now departed) who thought it was hilarious, his favourite comedy ever, so he played the DVD for me. Made very little impression, I'm afraid (I'm not really a fan of comedy films at all, tbh). 

Â