Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Not for the first time, I'm wondering if anything is happening in the world of Aston Villa. You know, manager sacked, players bought or sold, that sort of thing. Could somebody pop over to on-topic and have a look for me, please? 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not for the first time, I'm wondering if anything is happening in the world of Aston Villa. You know, manager sacked, players bought or sold, that sort of thing. Could somebody pop over to on-topic and have a look for me, please? 

Sorry haven't been there for years now

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Got a new kit but not a lot else from what I can tell.

• Like 1

Are dentures dying out?

All of my grandparents had false teeth when I was a kid and although they seemed really old to me then, they would have only been between 50-65. I'd find it really strange now to find out someone that age had false teeth (unless it was from an accident or an illness or something).

In fact, that whole stereotypical grandparent image has gone now. Granddads don't wear flat caps or smoke a pipe anymore, Nan's don't knit. Bring it back I say, retro grannies.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Are dentures dying out?

All of my grandparents had false teeth when I was a kid and although they seemed really old to me then, they would have only been between 50-65. I'd find it really strange now to find out someone that age had false teeth (unless it was from an accident or an illness or something).

In fact, that whole stereotypical grandparent image has gone now. Granddads don't wear flat caps or smoke a pipe anymore, Nan's don't knit. Bring it back I say, retro grannies.

True enough. Speaking as a granddad, I do have my own teeth (admittedly somewhat depleted). Both my parents had all their rotten teeth removed and dentures in long before they were forty. And I don't wear a flat cap (that's for 20-something hipsters) or smoke a pipe. And Mrs. M doesn't knit (although her sister does). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Are dentures dying out?

My mom had a few friends who got ALL of their teeth pulled out and replaced with false teeth when they were young. Like, in their twenties. 

Mental. 

• Like 1

I remember when I was a kid our next door neighbour's Nan flushed her false teeth down the bog on Christmas Day and my Dad volunteered to go down the manhole cover to look for them.  Why he didn't just say no, do it your **** self or suck your roast I have no idea.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I remember when I was a kid our next door neighbour's Nan flushed her false teeth down the bog on Christmas Day and my Dad volunteered to go down the manhole cover to look for them.  Why he didn't just say no, do it your **** self or suck your roast I have no idea.

I don't care how much they were cleaned after, there's no way I'd be sticking them back in my gob.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Put it in the blender. 

• Like 1

I often whether the world could function normally if we stopped the killing of everything living that has feeling. As much as I love a steak and a burger, I like the idea of a world where no animals are killed. I reckon I could easily live off veggie food. Pizza, pasta, fried eggs, hash browns, chips, bruschetta.... cheese! Lots of lovely stuff without having to kill a peaceful, lazy cow minding it's own business in a field.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I often whether the world could function normally if we stopped the killing of everything living that has feeling. As much as I love a steak and a burger, I like the idea of a world where no animals are killed. I reckon I could easily live off veggie food. Pizza, pasta, fried eggs, hash browns, chips, bruschetta.... cheese! Lots of lovely stuff without having to kill a peaceful, lazy cow minding it's own business in a field.

I think you'd find there would soon be a lot less cows in them there fields.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brommy said:

I think you'd find there would soon be a lot less cows in them there fields.

That's an interesting thought.  Cows wouldn't really have a natural predator in the UK would they?  We could end up overrun by the bastards.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I've been thinking the same thing lately. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Not a vegetarian, I love meat, but I think for cheese dont they have a cow constantly producing milk?

Â