Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

One of the reasons people like posts is to let others know that they do so, and to have their name associated with it. If there is a post with multiple gifs and all are funny but one, then a person is less likely to like the post, as they don't want their endorsement associated with the that one 'bad' gif in the post. 

Like when I make a post with lots of great points, but end it with a point that might be harder to grasp, or one that isn't a popular viewpoint, then that post is likely to receive few or even no likes. 

• Like 3

Yeah true it might be "Ooh if I like that post, they won't know which one I mean, so I better not like it at all" which is the wrong way to look at it.  I like multi-posts if "I enjoyed the post".  Seemples!

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Why a post containing many funny gifs in the funny gif thread will nearly always get far fewer likes than most posts containing a single gif.  It's like the multi-post is only as strong as its weakest gif.  But it's more than that.  It's like the bombardment of imagery makes people just keep scrolling away and beyond the like button.  Monsters.  Anyway, I do regularly wonder that as and when I witness it :)

that many gifs in one go means someone has to much spare time on their hand so they can only really be a teacher on yet another holiday , a Junior Doctor on strike or a Student ..and I'm not giving any of them my much desired likes  ...

• Like 2

Why a post containing many funny gifs in the funny gif thread will nearly always get far fewer likes than most posts containing a single gif.  It's like the multi-post is only as strong as its weakest gif.  But it's more than that.  It's like the bombardment of imagery makes people just keep scrolling away and beyond the like button.  Monsters.  Anyway, I do regularly wonder that as and when I witness it [emoji4]

They don't load so well on phones.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

But he doesn't like teachers, let alone head teachers. 

you know I even looked it up to see that I post the correct principal/principle and still posted the wrong one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

you know I even looked it up to see that I post the correct principal/principle and still posted the wrong one

If the first principle is incorrect, then all that follows will be wrong.

• Like 2

Never understood hair of the dog. If I've got a hangover, there is no way in hell I could drink alcohol. The smell alone would make me puke. 

The fry-up, yes. But with gallons of tea. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why do some blokes need a pint of lager at 8:30am on a Sunday morning? (yes I was in a Spoonys for breakfast)

A question I've also asked recently.

My commute in to work passes a 'spoons and at 7:30a.m. there are drinkers congregating outside. By 7:45 they've been allowed in. Truly grim.  My missus, always a well meaning deep thinking person, thinks that possibly they've worked a night shift and are having a well earned drink at the end of their working day.

Personally, I think they are drunks that need a pint for breakfast.

• Like 2

Cheap crisps are the only thing that really help with my hangovers, especially pickled onion flavour.  Space Raiders were good back in the day but I have trouble finding them nowadays, and Frazzles are good too.  A glass of wine at lunch can help but beer or anything fizzy will make me feel worse.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Never understood hair of the dog. If I've got a hangover, there is no way in hell I could drink alcohol. The smell alone would make me puke. 

The fry-up, yes. But with gallons of tea. 

100% agree with this. These days it's the most crucial part in curing my hangovers, more so than a fry up.

Sorry lapal ;)

Never done hair of the dog, one thing I've noticed since turning thirty just 2 months ago, hangovers are now a weekend long event, in my twentys I could easily drink on a Friday, have a bit of a hangover Saturday but nothing major, drink again on Saturday night followed by my weekly Sunday night few pints with my brother in law. Now a drink on a Friday leaves me feeling like I've been hit by a train all weekend 

how anyone can drink at spoons opening times is beyond me (I'm talking regularly, I've been on stag dos that involved drinking at 7am)

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Hair of the dog

If I was on a weekender then I'd have a pint with my spoons breakfast, if I wasn't on a weekender...well I wouldn't be in spoons for breakfast...

These aren't party animals, these are old booze hounds. 

Hey, can't knock a Spoonys traditional brekkie every now and again! 

Â