Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Lol tony doesn't even know who Ron Swanson is, what a cultural vacuum..

I don't know who he is but I was probably too busy watching something educational instead ..... like J-pop videos 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Pain during sex, like men who like their balls kicked by the woman. never understood what the hell that is about?

should have throught about that before you paid the €40 euros

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Why when I listen to music in dark room does the volume sound just right, the way I have it, but when I flick on the light, suddenly the music seems to my ears to be a lot louder.

No, Its not synesthesia, I can't see the sound once the room has been lit up. 

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Why when I listen to music in dark room does the volume sound just right, the way I have it, but when I flick on the light, suddenly the music seems to my ears to be a lot louder.

Physically it can be related to temperature gradients, but that's not likely to be the effect at play here. It's more likely that the huge amount of brain power needed for vision is partly available to other senses when you're in the dark.

53 minutes ago, useless said:

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Physically it can be related to temperature gradients, but that's not likely to be the effect at play here. It's more likely that the huge amount of brain power needed for vision is partly available to other senses when you're in the dark.

That's what I thought and indeed why some people wear an eye mask whilst listening to music/audio. I'd have thought it would have affected me the other way around though, i.e music louder with room darkened. But then again, I think it might have something to do with the eyes adjusting to the light and so the sound serves as a distraction to that new sense, and when something is distracting it can seem louder. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

That's what I thought and indeed why some people wear an eye mask whilst listening to music/audio. I'd have thought it would have affected me the other way around though, i.e music louder with room darkened. But then again, I think it might have something to do with the eyes adjusting to the light and so the sound serves as a distraction to that new sense, and when something is distracting it can seem louder. 

You aren't actually experiencing a volume change, but a change in (loss of) audio fidelity. Your mental model of the world is interpreting the increased stimulation as louder volume. If you try, you could almost certainly make it go the other way - it's a learned behaviour.

• Like 1

In The Godfather Part 2, when everyone is fleeing the presidential palace in Havana, and Michael calls out to Fredo, the audio suddenly sounds like it is compressed into a tin can.

Every time I've watched the scene, on many different screens/systems, the same thing. It always kind of annoyed me...and made me wonder.

18 hours ago, Xann said:

Avoiding anything to do with Villa?

The site is quieter after a loss.

The season's a dead loss.

Do you think so? The site was the busiest I've seen it in months after the Liverpool game, but maybe that's more to do with the scale of the loss. 

Â