Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Where does snot come from?

For the past 2 weeks I've had a cold and my nose has continously been running like a tap.... surely it must run out at some point?!?

Can't seem to find any drugs that stop it from running down my sniffer! 

• Like 1

On 25 February 2016 at 18:32, useless said:

If I was to go back in time say to the seventeenth century and play the people residing in that time a selection of modern music, what would they make of it and would they even recognize it as music. Also what  would they make of the technology used to play it on. Even a 'primitive' calculator I imagine would baffle them. 

I often wonder if you were able to go back to the 60's with a copy of a bang average MOR album from modern times, would they laud it as a masterpiece or would they see it for what it is.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

medically and scientifically speaking, snot is basically pre cum with a dodgy sat nav

not-sure-if-fry-685x325.jpg 

• Like 2

Why would someone on e-bay be really really keen to get my e-mail address?

I've bought something and I've had three or four messages in a couple of days trying to get my e-mail address. Can't see why it would be needed if it's a straight deal. I've pointed out you can't actually send that info via e-bay anyway it spots it and won't let you. He's come back and asked I tell him in one mail what the gmail / yahoo / talktalk bit of the address is, then in another separate mail include the front end of the address and he will stitch them together.

Thanks, but no thanks. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So they can communicate with you, without there being a record on the e-bay servers. There is (as you clearly are aware) no valid reason for wanting or needing your e-mither address, other than to subvert process. I hope this seller doesn't cause you any problems, but suspect they might.

There's absolutely no reason. He can communicate with you via ebay, so there's no reason to have your email address other than to do some dodgy shite.

If you're not interested in doing any dodgy deals, then tell him to **** off (more politely)

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I've bought something and I've had three or four messages in a couple of days trying to get my e-mail address. Can't see why it would be needed if it's a straight deal. I've pointed out you can't actually send that info via e-bay anyway it spots it and won't let you. He's come back and asked I tell him in one mail what the gmail / yahoo / talktalk bit of the address is, then in another separate mail include the front end of the address and he will stitch them together.

Thanks, but no thanks. 

just tell me it you clearing in the woods ;)

• Like 3

A player commits a red card worthy challenge for which the referee intends to send him off. However the aggrieved team are in possession and advantage is played, to the point where they have a chance but it comes to nothing without the ball leaving play. The opposition then go up the other end and the player about to be sent off scores.

What happens? Is he awarded the goal and then dismissed? Is the goal disallowed as he is technically no longer in play?

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

A player commits a red card worthy challenge for which the referee intends to send him off. However the aggrieved team are in possession and advantage is played, to the point where they have a chance but it comes to nothing without the ball leaving play. The opposition then go up the other end and the player about to be sent off scores.

What happens? Is he awarded the goal and then dismissed? Is the goal disallowed as he is technically no longer in play?

I think the ref would just blow, straight away for the red card. To clarify, as soon as a red card worthy offence is committed, the ref stops the game regardless.

• Like 3

Â