Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

i can drink anytime. i enjoy a pint early in the morning but its not something i do regular.

Animal! :P

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

spoons breakfest has gone shit.

I think it wildly varies in quality from spoons to spoons.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Never understood hair of the dog. If I've got a hangover, there is no way in hell I could drink alcohol. The smell alone would make me puke. 

The fry-up, yes. But with gallons of tea. 

i used to do hair of the dog all the time but i just cant do it now. rest,food and fluids is the key now.

Up until the advent of 24 hour licensing, and pre Spoons, there was a pub where I lived, that opened for booze at 9:30. This was for people who worked in the market, but was regularly filled with booze hounds. I'd been on a few all night benders, and ended up in there a few times, back in the day. Always full, and pretty damn grim. 

Edited by dAVe80

:) Similar pub in Brum called The Mercat. Next to the markets but full of pissheads and drugged clubbers. Drinking at 7am in there making no eye contact and not risking a game of pool.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Up until the advent of 24 hour licensing, and pre Spoons, there was a pub where I lived, that opened for booze at 9:30. This was for people who worked in the market, but was regularly filled with booze hounds. I'd been on a few all night benders, and ended up in there a few times, back in the day. Always full, and pretty damn grim. 

full of character though albeit.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

full of character though albeit.

Oh yeah, totally. My mate came to visit me once, and we ended up in there for a morning pick me up. He was howling with laughter at some old bloke, with about 4 teeth in his head, who's every other word was, "word removed". 

I used to end up in some pub on the roundabout near broad street it was like a heavy rock / goth pub and as grim as it came but it stayed open until 6am so got my vote ... 

its shut down now as I think they are building flats there so now I have to grab my foot long hot dog (with cheese) and walk back to my hotel once broad street shuts 

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Never understood hair of the dog. If I've got a hangover, there is no way in hell I could drink alcohol. The smell alone would make me puke. 

The fry-up, yes. But with gallons of tea. 

Yep. Fry up with a large glass of Orange Juice and enough tea to quench the thirst of a small village.

Then later I'd move onto Tony's suggestion of Pepsi.

If I'm too hungover to eat then that's pretty much code red to me. Only the worst hangovers I've ever had have resulted in me refusing breakfast. I can only think of three. And they were all horrendous.

Hair of the dog only if I've woken up still drunk and get more booze in before I sober up and the hangover kicks in proper.

If I manage hair of the dog then the hangover is delayed and I can get drunk all over again. Did it from Friday to Sunday night all weekend in Germany last week, not particularly intentionally either. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday hurt.

• Like 1

Grapefruit juice is the best hangover cure, but it tastes disgusting so you have to balance it against how bad the hangover is, the next best cure is a greasy fry up.

Â