Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If I was to go back in time say to the seventeenth century and play the people residing in that time a selection of modern music, what would they make of it and would they even recognize it as music. Also what  would they make of the technology used to play it on. Even a 'primitive' calculator I imagine would baffle them. 

I sometimes wonder if you'd given some of the greatest scientific minds of the 1700s an iPod where would we be right now?

You take a wonderful piece of technology and put it in to the context of complete different minds, what would they do with it rather than just seeing what Kanye was up to...

Cars too, what would people in the 1920s make of a modern car

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I sometimes wonder if you'd given some of the greatest scientific minds of the 1700s an iPod where would we be right now?

You take a wonderful piece of technology and put it in to the context of complete different minds, what would they do with it rather than just seeing what Kanye was up to...

Cars too, what would people in the 1920s make of a modern car

I'm guessing unless you skip past the generation(s)that only worked with a Mac that they wouldn't know how to put anything on it :)

3 hours ago, useless said:

If I was to go back in time say to the seventeenth century and play the people residing in that time a selection of modern music, what would they make of it and would they even recognize it as music. Also what  would they make of the technology used to play it on. Even a 'primitive' calculator I imagine would baffle them. 

If I had to guess, taking those questions in order,

a] they'd recognise it as music, because it's mostly still harmonic, and rhythm is universal. I'm sure they would hate to listen to it though.

b] the technology would be totally baffling, and almost certainly deeply terrifying. 

On 24/02/2016 at 16:53, HanoiVillan said:

... but maybe that's more to do with the scale of the loss. 

Aye.

There's a flare, size depending on nature of the loss.

Then it dies back until the next match.

3 hours ago, useless said:

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If I had to guess, taking those questions in order,

a] they'd recognise it as music, because it's mostly still harmonic, and rhythm is universal. I'm sure they would hate to listen to it though.

b] the technology would be totally baffling, and almost certainly deeply terrifying. 

Then I'd spare them a fright and recite the music of the future with my voice alone. Even that would be quite incredible, I imagine. 

Imagine you'd gone back in time and given Newton , Eisteins theory ... Would Enstein then have come along and have discovered something else ? Time travel perhaps so you could erm go back in time and give Einsteins theory to Newton only it would no longer be Einsteins theory once you'd gone back the first time and given it to Newton ...

On 2/21/2016 at 13:06, Xela said:

Why do some blokes need a pint of lager at 8:30am on a Sunday morning? (yes I was in a Spoonys for breakfast)

Date: 26.02.2016

Time: 8:30am

Status: about half full, two men dancing a jig outside, one man cheering them on waving a carrier bag

welcome to match day in the city centre.....

• Like 1

Â