dudevillaisnice

Then again Luton spent a total of €25m on transfer before this season. Sheff U spent €60m but sold for €30m. Norwich had a net spend of about €30m the season the got relegated, similar as Watford.

For a smaller club or a newly promoted one £20m can be a lot of money.

• Like 4

So FFP proves toothless again. It seems that as long as you can afford to hire a team of KC's those point deductions will just melt away. Manchester City can breathe easier again, although I doubt they were worried in any case. I wonder if there will be any deduction for Everton and Forest, or will this ruling put them off facing any point deduction being appealed and reduced? Farcical again. 

32 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the league are just trolling them and will give them a 4pt deduction for the other breach they are being investigated for 

They’ll also give them a bit more than they want as they know it’ll get knocked down after appeal.

The cynic in me says the only reason they would back down so easily and reduce Everton's points deduction is to cause less furore when they fail to come down heavily in punishing Man Citeh.

As we all know they most likely will fail to do so.

Edited by est1874

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The cynic in me says the only reason they would back down so easily and reduce Everton's points deduction is to cause less furore when they fail to come down heavily in punishing Man Citeh.

As we all know they most likely will fail to do so.

Sadly, this is probably true

38 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t wait for the Man City deductions next 

With the litigation power City can afford, the Premier League will probably end up awarding Man City +10 points instead… 

• Haha 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

With the litigation power City can afford, the Premier League will probably end up awarding Man City +10 points instead… 

This is the problem, the rules should be written so tight that it doesn’t matter about how much fight the club has. Black and white, rules broken, punishment issued.

• Like 3

As for Everton, if they’re found guilty of the second breach then they should be docked a further 6 points, making them worse off than before - maybe they should’ve just asked to remain at 10 for both breaches?

I wonder how Leicester, Southampton and Leeds feel about it? 

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

As for Everton, if they’re found guilty of the second breach then they should be docked a further 6 points, making them worse off than before - maybe they should’ve just asked to remain at 10 for both breaches?

It'll be 6 points for the second breach, downgraded to 4 points on appeal.   So basically 10 points deduction overall after both appeals are done and dusted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I wonder how Leicester, Southampton and Leeds feel about it? 

There is no way the season is actually going to finish in mid may. It will be in the law courts in the summer

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

There is no way the season is actually going to finish in mid may. It will be in the law courts in the summer

If Everton survive with the deduction then they’ll probably accept it and move on to next season with a clean slate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

the league are just trolling them and will give them a 4pt deduction for the other breach they are being investigated for 

Nah, it'll be another 6 points just to piss them off.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

This is the problem, the rules should be written so tight that it doesn’t matter about how much fight the club has. Black and white, rules broken, punishment issued.

But "oily" lawyers will always find a way round it though...

Â