dudevillaisnice

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You can't blame the football, we gotta learn how to win against them. There will be plenty of teams locking it up, if we are gonna continue be a top 4/6 team.

Just came to post exactly this. It's the same complaints we were making after the Sheff Utd game as well. 

We've been scoring at 2 ppg for a year now, we're obviously quite good. Teams aren't going to just obligingly set up in the way that plays to our strengths. We have to learn to grind out results in games like this, and today we didn't. It's not about Everton, it's about us. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just came to post exactly this. It's the same complaints we were making after the Sheff Utd game as well. 

We've been scoring at 2 ppg for a year now, we're obviously quite good. Teams aren't going to just obligingly set up in the way that plays to our strengths. We have to learn to grind out results in games like this, and today we didn't. It's not about Everton, it's about us. 

Don't think many are blaming them per se, just pointing out that Dyche is a dinosaur who coaches thuggery into his teams. Of course if we want to finish top 4 we have to break these teams down consistently, but that doesn't make me detest the kind of "football" his teams play any less.

• Like 4

Imagine paying to watch that every week... I know their fans feel a sense of gratitude towards Dyche for keeping them up and being a calm presence amongst all the turmoil the club has been through lately, but the football they play is some levels below even what Luton, Burnley etc are capable of. He's moulded them in his image: ugly, dull and regressive. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sheffield United I understand but Everton nope. I wouldnt be surprised if the Everton squad today cost more than ours and they offer nothing 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Imagine paying to watch that every week... I know their fans feel a sense of gratitude towards Dyche for keeping them up and being a calm presence amongst all the turmoil the club has been through lately, but the football they play is some levels below even what Luton, Burnley etc are capable of. He's moulded them in his image: ugly, dull and regressive. 

They don't play like that every game, just against the top teams in the league. 😉

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Sheffield United I understand but Everton nope. I wouldnt be surprised if the Everton squad today cost more than ours and they offer nothing 

They nearly got relegated last season. The only new players from that team that started today were Harrison and Danjuma, hardly world beaters. 

Dyche is a good manager for a team like Everton because he cuts his cloth according to the opponent, and unfortunately people (rightly) think we're very good now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

They don't play like that every game, just against the top teams in the league. 😉

They played like that against Wolves a few weeks back :P

10 hours ago, Mantis said:

This is exactly it. It's why I'd be dead against ever having Dyche even if he's a step up (from say, someone like Gerrard). His ceiling is mid-table playing some of the worst anti-football you'll ever see. That's it.

Remember when people were saying he only played that way because of what he had at Burnley? Has way better players now and he basically turned them into Burnley 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

This will be the cycle. They are grateful now, but in about a year they'll be pissed off and want a more exotic manager who plays better football. He'll come in, spend a bomb relatively speaking, and they'll flop and be in major relegation trouble again. Sack 'progressive' coach for someone like Pulis etc and so the cycle goes on, until eventually one day the 'pragmatic' coach can't save them.

3 hours ago, villarule123 said:

If they've broken the rules again, they should get the same or a bigger punishment as they did before. 

I have a feeling it will pan out like this:

They will get another points deduction.

The blue half of Merseyside will go into meltdown and loads of others in football too.

The appeal tribunal will conveniently award them back the points they lost in  the first deduction.

It will feel a little like a win and the fallout from the second deduction won’t be as bad.

Edited by MarkLillis

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

The appeal tribunal will conveniently award them back the points they lost in  the first deduction.

long as the new deduction is 30 points , I'll be on board with that  :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

I have a feeling it will pan out like this:

They will get another points deduction.

The blue half of Merseyside will go into meltdown and loads of others in football too.

It will feel a little like a win and the fallout from the second deduction won’t be as bad.

It'll be the first deduction reduced to 6 points on appeal, second deduction will be 6 points reduced to 4 on appeal - as you were

• Like 1

Why would they get less of a punishment for the second time they've been charged? Surely it should match the original punishment or exceed it for doing it again. 

Also, I've seen a lot of Everton fans complaining about the punishment. Can you imagine the celebration from their fans if this was Liverpool that had breached FFP? 

If they were deducted 10 points for the 1st Breach then that's what Forest can expect.

2nd time should be another 10 points minimum.

That's how I see it.

• Like 2

I want to see Everton get relegated but I want it to be through them being shit, not through them getting a 20 point deduction.

I really think this just highlights how unbalanced these rules in the league are.

Looks like that goalless draw may be the final time we ever play them as the league's most played fixture.

That has always been the only reason I've wanted them to stay up. If they go down due to another points deduction, it'll be Man United v Arsenal hence forth.

Â