dudevillaisnice

I still think they're done, facing a massive short fall in the cost of their stadium, on the brink of admin and will have to sell in Jan. More of a last stand than anything else. Can easily see Braithwaite and Doucoure moving on in Jan if not a few more. Luton have got something about them which gives them a chance, especially at home and I wouldn't bet against Burnley having a good run in the second half of the season. Sheffield United are done though.

They’ve just announced a delay to moving in the new stadium. Nothing to do with money or construction delays, they just think it would be nice to leave it empty for 6 months and move there for the 24 / 25 season.

Yep. Sounds legit.. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Calvert Lewin out of our match with Everton.

I really don't see that as a red.

Awful conditions, he's stretching and seems to be pulling out and gets the ball in any case.

Think they're appeal. In any case he's barely been involved so Beto will probably give our backline a tougher game.

• Like 1

I imagine Everton will appeal the red card  and have a good chance of having it overturned 

absolutely appalling decision by the officials

Edited by theboyangel

15 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I imagine Everton will appeal the red card  and have a good chance of having it overturned 

absolutely appalling decision by the officials

The result of a possible appeal will be interesting. After all, several VAR officials and the match referee viewed it several times and from various angles. All agreed it was a red, so an overturned decision will be saying they were all incorrect. Interesting if the PGMOL will 'throw them under the bus' for what is a subjective decision.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brommy said:

The result of a possible appeal will be interesting. After all, several VAR officials and the match referee viewed it several times and from various angles. All agreed it was a red, so an overturned decision will be saying they were all incorrect. Interesting if the PGMOL will 'throw them under the bus' for what is a subjective decision.

as its written down on a piece of paper, studs up, out of control, I'm not sure what there is to over turn unless they can prove he was in control

the lack of contact shouldn't be enough

common sense wont apply

4 hours ago, brommy said:

Liverpool got the Alexis Mac red overturned right at the start of the season after that was given a yellow and then VAR upgraded to a red.

Everton can just use that as case study in the appeal.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

as its written down on a piece of paper, studs up, out of control, I'm not sure what there is to over turn unless they can prove he was in control

the lack of contact shouldn't be enough

common sense wont apply

"Out of control" is a bizarre way to sum up that challenge :D 

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

"Out of control" is a bizarre way to sum up that challenge :D 

challenge is probably the wrong way to sum it up too!

he's actually in full control IMO, he's gone to ground but its not like he's thrown himself in from 5m away

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

Surely it will get overturned.

It should… but I can’t see how it does.

That’s basically admitting incompetence on the part of the officials. The referee, during the game, gave absolutely nothing. Not even a foul. They then have a review and it becomes a red. I just can’t see how it’d then be overturned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Everton have won the appeal against the red card for DCL so he will be able to face us :(

Wow - well done refs :D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Everton have won the appeal against the red card for DCL so he will be able to face us :(

Why does VAR get involved if they are going to direct the referee to give incorrect decisions?

So who is right the ref?.....the VAR panel?....the appeal board?

I really do despair for football sometimes!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Why does VAR get involved if they are going to direct the referee to give incorrect decisions?

Be tougher with him playing but it was the right decision go rescind it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

the appeal board was right to overturn it

the ref was right not to give a red, but wrong to allow VAR to convince him otherwise

VAR was just all kinds of wrong

i was in full support initially, but it's time to stop it now. keep for offside (selfishly as it suits our tactics) but bin off for everything else

this could be a sliding doors moment though. there have been instances where a red has been given, VAR said "Not clear and obvious to overturn" but the red has been rescinded. for VAR to actually step in and for it to be rescinded, could really get them to rip the system up and start again

probably not though...shame it didn't happen to a bigger team

• Like 3

Â