dudevillaisnice

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

What is that stupid song they sing with the girly "whooo" sound in it.

Everton used to be a proper club. 

Think it was a cup final song in the 80s and relaunced it a few years ago and it went quite high in the charts!

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Congratulations, you are Burnley.

This is exactly it. It's why I'd be dead against ever having Dyche even if he's a step up (from say, someone like Gerrard). His ceiling is mid-table playing some of the worst anti-football you'll ever see. That's it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're basically what we were under Lambert a decade ago (shudders).

Nah we were never that under lambert, their tactic of how to stop villa was to stop the game, disrupt the flow, put the game in the mud

And to be fair to them it worked, it was absolutely horrible and only worked because the ref was **** terrible and some of our players such as Luiz let the frustration beat them but it still worked

I think we did however do it a few times under Gerrard, can remember a run of games vs the likes of Leeds and forest where it was a dirty horrible game, Leeds got a player sent off in it so I thought it was them at first but it was definitley a trend with us

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah we were never that under lambert, their tactic of how to stop villa was to stop the game, disrupt the flow, put the game in the mud

And to be fair to them it worked, it was absolutely horrible and only worked because the ref was **** terrible and some of our players such as Luiz let the frustration beat them but it still worked

I think we did however do it a few times under Gerrard, can remember a run of games vs the likes of Leeds and forest where it was a dirty horrible game, Leeds got a player sent off in it so I thought it was them at first but it was definitley a trend with us

It was more they have willing runners in final third like McNeil and Harrison so similar to us with Gabby and Weimann creating the space for Benteke. Garner is the Westwood of the team, Onana the Delph equivalent etc...

Calvert Lewin 12 without a goal now so they have a decision to make on how many more games he gets as CF.

Edited by VillaChris

I used to not mind Everton. 

I think back in the late 90s, earlier 2000s we seemed to be the 2 clubs most likely to break the dominance of the 'top' clubs. Always a decent game between us and you'd not worry seeing them pull off the odd result. 

Unfortunately, after their fans decided to lob stuff at our players and that shower today, I'd be quite happy to see them piss off to the Championship for a few years. 

When you instruct your Goalkeeper to punt free kicks from the half way line, then it's clear as day what your tactics are. 

Fingers crossed one of the other dross teams in this league grabs enough points to see them go. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

Was saying all this to a Burnley fan today. He stopped going because the football was so dire under Dyche. They will probably stay up because there's three worse teams

Â