dudevillaisnice

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is definitely not doing wonders since he is on the verge of breaking a record of the longest run of games without a win.

I think under the circumstances he is having to manage its harsh to judge him on results.  Its far worse situation than Villa under Garde.

Edited by PaulC

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think under the circumstances he is having to manage its harsh to judge him on results.  Its far worse situation than Villa under Garde.

No chance

Under garde the heads had long gone, the pride and professionalism was dead, he was deck chairs on the titanic, pep with klopp as his assistant wouldn't have saved us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No its not and its not even close

Garde couldnt afford a January loan and had to recall Cissokho. Everton paid 28 million on a striker in the summer

After selling 80m worth of players and 100m the season  prior.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

After selling 80m worth of players and 100m the season  prior.

Biggest sale last summer was Moise Kean then Iwobi hardly elite first team players

Except Richarlison and arguably Gordon (as he was a youngster) they havent sold a star player but then wage bill has gone up. Apparently paying Young more than we were

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Biggest sale last summer was Moise Kean then Iwobi hardly elite first team players

Except Richarlison and arguably Gordon (as he was a youngster) they havent sold a star player but then wage bill has gone up. Apparently paying Young more than we were

Iwobi (quite unbelievably) was one of their best players.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No chance

Under garde the heads had long gone, the pride and professionalism was dead, he was deck chairs on the titanic, pep with klopp as his assistant wouldn't have saved us 

Down to management then. Yes sure we sold off a lot of talent but we bought a lot of players in the summer too. I was talking about the docking of points and the pressure of being docked more points. Its amazing the heads haven't dropped before this.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Down to management then. Yes sure we sold off a lot of talent but we bought a lot of players in the summer too. I was talking about the docking of points and the pressure of being docked more points. Its amazing the heads haven't dropped before this.

Its actually more common for teams to rally after a points deduction and do better than normal. Fact Everton are struggling is on Dyche

After his initial rally against the points deduction he has been managing them with relegation form for quite a few months. Bebe is crap. Dwight McNeil is crap. Good centrehalves though if you like them to be regens of the 90s. Braithwaite needs to get away from Dyche quickly and play for a more progressive manager.  And Calvert Lewin is being used as a workhorse . 

Dyche has been trying to nil-nil his way to safety since Xmas. Everton are probably the worst team to watch in the league. At least the teams below them try to play football. It feels like all fight has been drained from even their fans this season so not sure how much stomach food the battle the team will have if they slip into the relegation zone again. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

12 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Dyche has been trying to nil-nil his way to safety since Xmas. Everton are probably the worst team to watch in the league. At least the teams below them try to play football. It feels like all fight has been drained from even their fans this season so not sure how much stomach food the battle the team will have if they slip into the relegation zone again. 

Maybe against us but they have created an abundance of chances in most games they play but have nobody to stick the ball in the back of the net. DCL and Beto have been crap. 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its actually more common for teams to rally after a points deduction and do better than normal. Fact Everton are struggling is on Dyche

Yes it did at first but they have the other one hanging over then. No excuses for Dyche but they are a club in turmoil and latest I have heard from Everton fans are they could end up doing a Rangers. 

The build up to the Newcastle Everton match had loads of talk about how good Calvert lewin is despite no goals in about 5 months and only 3 all season. Am I the only one that thinks he is actually a fraud of a striker? Like real dog shit. Lots of nearly getting on the end or just missing a cross because he is so poor he is never in the right position 

Edited by punkiller1981

3 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

The build up to the Newcastle Everton match had loads of talk about how good Calvert lewin is despite no goals in about 5 months and only 3 all season. Am I the only one that thinks he is actually a fraud of a striker? Like real dog shit. Lots of nearly getting on the end or just missing a cross because he is so poor he is never in the right position 

I think he has the attributes to be a good striker.

There was a period under Ancelotti where he was clearly better than Watkins was at that time. Everton have had dogshit managers since then whilst Emery has made Watkins into a real star. 

I guess it shows the value of a good management team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I think that the fact he isnt in the right position is because he is having to run everywhere. Ancelotti did to him what Emery did to Ollie. Made him play between the posts. And they reaped the benefits. But Dyche likes workhorses up front. Plus the way they set up isn't about controlling a game and patterns of play. Its about clearing the ball or counterattacking quickly which means DCL has to run all over the shop.  At his best he was a real threat. Not top top quality but a really good goalscorer. 

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think that the fact he isnt in the right position is because he is having to run everywhere. Ancelotti did to him what Emery did to Ollie. Made him play between the posts. And they reaped the benefits. But Dyche likes workhorses up front. Plus the way they set up isn't about controlling a game and patterns of play. Its about clearing the ball or counterattacking quickly which means DCL has to run all over the shop.  At his best he was a real threat. Not top top quality but a really good goalscorer. 

Absolutely spot on 

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Worst run of form in 67 years, Dychey doing a fine job

rumours now he will be sacked if they lose to Burnley on the weekend

A point at Newcastle is a good result for anyone though. 

Â