dudevillaisnice

I think if they go down we wont see them for a while lime Leeds/Sunderland

Seems a mess financially and think Dyche would be like Bruce with us in the Championship and the expectation to dominate the league would be an issue

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Why would they get less of a punishment for the second time they've been charged? Surely it should match the original punishment or exceed it for doing it again. 

Also, I've seen a lot of Everton fans complaining about the punishment. Can you imagine the celebration from their fans if this was Liverpool that had breached FFP? 

Is it not more one rule for some teams like Man city and Chelsea and another for them. I don't see they have a case. We all have to abide by the rules else what's the point of ffp.  

The only reason they didn't get the book thrown at them sooner is because the PL didn't bother to question why their covid losses were more than double that of any other team. Were it not for that creative accountancy they would have been about 100 million over the limit rather than 20 million they were punished for. Then there's the fact that most of their 'mitigating factors' for breaking the rules were not documented (funny that...) and not so not provable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Seems a mess financially and think Dyche would be like Bruce with us in the Championship and the expectation to dominate the league would be an issue

I actually think they'd do a Leicester. Or a Southampton who've picked up after a slow start. They'd keep guys like Doucoure, Tarkowski, Garner and McNeill and that spine would be decent enough adding 4-5 fresh faces. Mykolenko having a good season so he might stay on until the January.

Edited by VillaChris

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think they'd do a Leicester. Or a Southampton who've picked up after a slow start. They'd keep guys like Doucoure, Tarkowski, Garner and McNeill and that spine would be decent enough adding 4-5 fresh faces. Mykolenko having a good season so he might stay on until the January.

No chance they could afford to keep most of them players

Apparently Doucoure and Tarkowski are on a combined 230k a week in wages and probably no relegation clauses

5 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Why would they get less of a punishment for the second time they've been charged? Surely it should match the original punishment or exceed it for doing it again. 

Partly because the punishment is because of the same year of overspend.

Extreme example:

If you make zero loss in year 1 and 2 and £130m loss in year 3, then the 3-year rolling figure for FFP is a £130m loss. This is over the £105m allowed, so a 10 point penalty.

Then Y4 you make zero loss again. The 3 year rolling period Y2-4 shows a £130m loss again, so again a 10 point penalty.  

So whilst that should technically apply, they are being penalised twice for the same bit of overspend.

Then when you look at Y3-5, same issue again! Which would then be a 30 point deduction for breaking the rules once in one year.

Edited by ender4

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

They'd walk the league. The reason we struggled first season is because we ineffectively tried to actually play football down there and just got bullied 

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They'd walk the league. The reason we struggled first season is because we ineffectively tried to actually play football down there and just got bullied 

We could have gone into every game like the crazy gang and lost under that charlatan RDM. That was his last management job with an 8% win rate.

He wasn't trying to play football. He was just trying to get through the week without being found out.

I'm not sure any relegated team would walk the league 

But I also think Everton might be surprised at what the market is for some of their crown jewels, they'd lose their midfield but I'm not sure anyone comes in for Pickford or DCL at the value that they see them

I do however think they'd have a decent chance of keeping tarkowski and branthwaite which would give them a good chance

They desperately need a new RB and a goalscorer regardless 

• Like 1

They are in such a financial hole - currently having to borrow money, in order to keep the lights on, from the super dodgy group (777) that are trying and struggling to buy them due to a growing number of lawsuits against them and an inability to show they have the money required to buy Everton.

If the sale doesn't go through and they go down then maybe they luck out and find a better buyer. Could just as easily go the other way and they tumble down the leagues/go into administration instead, though. There's still a good chunk of the new stadium to be paid for, too. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

7 hours ago, ender4 said:

Partly because the punishment is because of the same year of overspend.

Extreme example:

If you make zero loss in year 1 and 2 and £130m loss in year 3, then the 3-year rolling figure for FFP is a £130m loss. This is over the £105m allowed, so a 10 point penalty.

Then Y4 you make zero loss again. The 3 year rolling period Y2-4 shows a £130m loss again, so again a 10 point penalty.  

So whilst that should technically apply, they are being penalised twice for the same bit of overspend.

Then when you look at Y3-5, same issue again! Which would then be a 30 point deduction for breaking the rules once in one year.

I'm ok with them being hit 3 times.  Otherwise a team could overspend £300 mill in one season, but a new team, win the league then get the equivalent of 3.3 points per season knocked off them (10 point deduction) as a penalty.  The rules are there, if they didn't understand them that's their problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YLN said:

We could have gone into every game like the crazy gang and lost under that charlatan RDM. That was his last management job with an 8% win rate.

He wasn't trying to play football. He was just trying to get through the week without being found out.

It's weird because he didn't do anything amazing but at baggies he got automatic promotion pretty easily. Must have been a poor quality year maybe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

But I also think Everton might be surprised at what the market is for some of their crown jewels, they'd lose their midfield but I'm not sure anyone comes in for Pickford or DCL at the value that they see them

I do however think they'd have a decent chance of keeping tarkowski and branthwaite which would give them a good chance

Pickford would go to someone like Leeds or Leicester if they came up. DCL could end up at a club like Palace.

If they get points deducted they are screwed but that hasn't been decided yet so they may be ok.

Yep not understanding their argument that they're having the offending years applied twice and that's unfair. We are all held to that rule, to have been compliant they had to sell some players and chose not to. That's a huge advantage to them given they were circling the drain.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They have a 0% chance of keeping Branthwaite even if they *don't* get relegated. They simply need to sell him for FFP and there are a long queue of interested clubs. He's gone in the summer regardless. 

EDIT: Obviously in that '0%' is the implied caveat 'as long as he's fit', clearly he could break his leg or do his ACL or whatever. But that's the only way he's staying. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Pickford would go to someone like Leeds or Leicester if they came up. DCL could end up at a club like Palace.

If they get points deducted they are screwed but that hasn't been decided yet so they may be ok.

Pickford has always came across as a future Palace keeper

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they got another ten point penalty and still stayed up, it would be quite the adventure for them.

They're capable of that.

I don't disagree that they'd have a good chance of staying up, but that's only because the other 3 teams down there with them are so poor. In previous years when the gap in quality hasn't been so huge a 20 point deduction would guarantee relegation for anyone in the bottom half of the table.

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

No chance they could afford to keep most of them players

Apparently Doucoure and Tarkowski are on a combined 230k a week in wages and probably no relegation clauses

Like all relegated teams they'll keep some. Doucoure is in his 30s now so can't see huge interest unless he fancies pay day in middle east.

I certainly didn't think Leicester would be having a strikeforce of Vardy, Iheanacho and Daka in the championship but they have and sometimes clubs gamble keeping hold of big earners to get back up in one season (and then if they don't all the financial issues start happening in season two).

Everton as a big fish down there will also probably attract some decent players aswell on loan or free transfers.

Selling Branthwaite, Onana, Pickford and DCL will probably bring in about 150m.

Edited by VillaChris

Â