Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

but he may also have scored the one weiman lofted onto the back netting?

it doesnt matter, bent is injured and cant play anyway and lambert has changed the team now to have 2 clever forwards playing up front, something bent also is.

it was more the system rather than the players, 2 forwards who are clever up front can always look like scoring, gabby ( no disrespect to the lad) is thick as shit football wise

by having the 2 up front who constantly move it creates more chances, bent doesnt just stand still all game waiting on the goal line to steal a goal, he uses his energy when its needed

to day was a great day, i notice my work colleague ( scouse fan) has now phoned in sick

probably sick as a parrot

happy days

All true, but the one thing I can't see Bent do that Weimann did was that pass and then run to get into the scoring position for the 2nd goal. He takes good runs, no doubt, but that's almost always when he hasn't been involved in the build up. If you get what I mean.

I hope Bent stays and can find his form again, but right now we're working better without him. But I've got a feeling he'll be back in the team again sooner or later this season. And that he'll score a fair few more goals again.

All true, but the one thing I can't see Bent do that Weimann did was that pass and then run to get into the scoring position for the 2nd goal. He takes good runs, no doubt, but that's almost always when he hasn't been involved in the build up. If you get what I mean.

I hope Bent stays and can find his form again, but right now we're working better without him. But I've got a feeling he'll be back in the team again sooner or later this season. And that he'll score a fair few more goals again.

i can understand what your saying, at the moment we are lucky that our 2 young strikers are showing what they can do, playing them together each game should be the first choice and if we had a fully fit bent and gabby then both should be on the bench as they offer completely different things, gabby the pace towaards the end of a game to stretch the defence and bent the movement and killer instinct.

the 2 young lads playing all the games however is unlikely due to burn out/ injury/ suspension so we need to make sure there is another clever forward to take the place of one of the others.

we are fortunate to have such a good and varied attacking line up, while gabby is thick as shit and 1 goal in 34? in the league, bent not playing the same style as weiman or benteke, both still offer more than enough to scare the shit out of most premier league opponents.

ideally we should keep all 4 together at the very least till the end of this season and then re access our forward options

to be fair, why beneteke and weimann are doing, is what bent (benetekes role) and gabby (andis role) should of been doing

ie, bent being the strong player, and gabby with the pace running onto flicks etc

but it just doesnt seem to be working for them but it is for benteke and weimann

either way, we need at least to strong strikers in the squad, i hope we dont buy another 'harewood or heskey'

to be fair, why beneteke and weimann are doing, is what bent (benetekes role) and gabby (andis role) should of been doing

ie, bent being the strong player, and gabby with the pace running onto flicks etc

but it just doesnt seem to be working for them but it is for benteke and weimann

either way, we need at least to strong strikers in the squad, i hope we dont buy another 'harewood or heskey'

but your expecting different players to play the same?

gabby is not football smart, bent is not 6 foot 3 with a huge jump.

just the same as benteke isnt going to skin a player purely on pace like gabby can, or play on the shoulder of the last defender like bent does

all completely different types of forwards and as such they are not going to play the same

im glad we have 4 different forwards, gives the opponents so much more to think about rather than knowing there is 2 huge forwards, the opponents can then counter it with plenty of advanced notice

at the moment we have a very good blend of 2 thinking forwards who seem to be reading each others play more and more. by playing 2 up front together instead of benteke on his own ( something many of us have been saying for a long time) for the last 2 games has got us 7 goals.

i think benteke/ bent would work just as well as benteke/ weiman in regards to goals scored as long as the same system used in the last 2 games is used rather than the 1 up front and a forward on each wing.

people kept repeating that bent cant play lamberts system, well none of our forwards could with any kind of success which is why changing the system has worked out well.

Seeing as it's snowing on VT, I think it's time for a seasonal song:

Oh Weimann's play's delightful

And Benteke's is insightful

Darren Bent has not much to show

Let him go! Let him go! Let him go!

He doesn't seem keen on stopping

And he's always going shopping

His return is way too low

His fire is slowly dying

So it's time for our goodbying

Let's keep that wage bill low

• Like 4

Seeing as it's snowing on VT, I think it's time for a seasonal song:

Oh Weimann's play's delightful

And Benteke's is insightful

Darren Bent has not much to show

He doesn't seem keen on stopping

And he's always going shopping

His return is way too low

His fire is slowly dying

So it's time for our goodbying

Let's keep that wage bill low

You could be right, I hear that Harry at QPR is interested.

Can't agree with that.. Bent has never been a strong forward to win the flicks or hold up play. If anything his style (without the energy) is more reminiscent of Weiman (ie playing off the partner, running onto flicks)than benteke, which is why many people (including myself) thought that bent and benteke could work... Like others have said wouldn't be surprised if we do see that partnership in this formation later on in the season..

Definitely. And every team could do with a Bent in form. And I still think Gabby adds a lot to the team when he's playing, even though he doesn't score that much anymore.

I think Gabby often squanders good build ups himself or by making poor decisions in passing. I personally would give him an extended break from league games.

Bent won't be going anywhere in January. I believe lambert when he says he doesn't want to sell him and I think those who can afford his wages don't want or need him, with the possible exception of QPR. they won't pay over the odds for him and I think that's what it will take for Lambert to sell.

I still don't think Bent will be sold this transfer window. Maybe in the summer but right now we only have Benteke, Weimann, Agbonlahor and Bent as our strikers. If one gets hurt then we would only have 2 strikers if Bent was sold.

Â