Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Yes, Bentekes game, work ethic and attitude has been appalling since his Anfield heroics

Went to his head

bentekes game is about putting himself about, a bit of skill and winning headers ( basically), instead he has tried to play off the shoulder of the last defender, a skill not many forwards are good at, bents main skill. he has looked horrid and has been off side pretty much every time the ball went forwards while trying to play this way.

at least all the people who bemoan bents percieved efforts can now maybe realise that he plays in a different way which still requires effort and skill , just differently to a physical game of benteke

if it were as simple and easy as some would make out ( that bent does nothing but score goals) then why when benteke tries to make the same movements as bent is he always off side and not looking likely to get in a scoring position?

get bent fit and then start building him back up again if only to get him back onside for the remainder of the season, if lambert is silly enough to sell him afterwards then so be it but for now having one of the best finishers in the league to most normal people would seem a plus point wouldnt it?

• Like 1

i don't agree that Bent needs footballing royalty round him to succeed as lets face it that's never happened at any other team he's played for.

No but what he does need as a striker is someone to supply him with opportunities to score. Benteke has had nothing either the last 3 games and has looked completely lost and frustrated especially against wigan yesterday. His own body language was no different to how bent has been. Any striker in the world would look shit in this villa team, trust me.

No but what he does need as a striker is someone to supply him with opportunities to score. Benteke has had nothing either the last 3 games and has looked completely lost and frustrated especially against wigan yesterday. His own body language was no different to how bent has been. Any striker in the world would look shit in this villa team, trust me.

i pretty much agree

Any striker in the world would look shit in this villa team, trust me.

Spot on. If you can't provide balls into the striker, you can't expect him to score goals. Against Spuds, we got the ball out of our half for about 30 seconds in the first 30 minutes. We are not going to score if we cannot create anything.

Spot on. If you can't provide balls into the striker, you can't expect him to score goals. Against Spuds, we got the ball out of our half for about 30 seconds in the first 30 minutes. We are not going to score if we cannot create anything.

but the end result is the same, bent ... benteke... people were previously saying bent offers nothing, well without service neither does benteke

i think there is room for both of them, all it takes is one benteke flick on and bent normally is very good at reading where the ball will end up, both need service, only difference is benteke doesnt need it in the area to try something where as if you want bent to score he normally needs it in and around the area.

i would be tempted to try those 2 up front and have weiman as the attacking midfielder behind them

we just need a solid midfield for this to work, at the moment our weakest area is midfield, get 2 big strong ball winners who can shift the ball quickly and there should be plenty of goals for us instead of everyone else.

while i know it is never that simple in terms of positions, tactics and so on, picking your best players should be simple enough.... unless we have that many great players like man city that they cant all p[lay each week.

Edited by brummybloke

To not even try a Bent / Benteke combination is just **** madness

If its Lamberts decision it's a very very bold one considering how shit we are at scoring goals

What's the point unless we can get some quality in to the them? Attacking midfield players - whether out wide or through the centre - are the most important investment we can make this window, possibly along with a 'destroyer'. Get quality into the box for Benteke, Bent and Weimann and we'll score goals. We could do a lot worse than trying to play the O'Neill way right now - we've got better strikers than we ever had under him - but we need some wingers.

I kind of despair at the fact we are likely to get rid of him. He is our best player by a country mile in a team full of absolute shite and we don't play him. I really hope Lambert comes to his sense. Outcasting Bent like this has been the worst thing he has done so far in my opinion. He really doesn't deserve it

I kind of despair at the fact we are likely to get rid of him. He is our best player by a country mile in a team full of absolute shite and we don't play him. I really hope Lambert comes to his sense. Outcasting Bent like this has been the worst thing he has done so far in my opinion. He really doesn't deserve it

I agree. It's just madness. He can't get fit quick enough in my opinion. How long is he out for?

Bent to Newcastle would not be the biggest surprise

That would be a big problem given they would be our rivals down below if they carry on the way they have been.

I have no idea how long he's out for. That's of course if he is actually injured.

I don't think he'll be going to Liverpool either for the same reason.

To not even try a Bent / Benteke combination is just **** madness

If its Lamberts decision it's a very very bold one considering how shit we are at scoring goals

He did try them. We got smacked by Southampton 4-1.

He also tried them together against Norwich (in the cup) and Bent went off injured.

So to say he hasn't tried is a bit of an incorrect statement. A better statement would have been that has hasn't tried them very often.

Anyway Bent is "injured" atm so he's bound to be not partnered with Benteke.

Â