Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

What about your Arsenals? Newcastles? etc. and why would it be a prem club? Could be a french club that comes in for him.

I think he'd be a great buy for Arsenal to be honest, but, I don't see it, when's that last time Wenger has splashed cash on an English man who's probably at peak or passed it? Has he ever? No immediate examples spring to mind anyway, and DB is 29 in February.

As for Newcastle again, I don't think it is a fit, Cisse may not be firing but I think they have a more well rounded version of Bent already in Ba. Add that to the fact that they have the two Ameobi brothers & Xisco still at the club, while maybe not having strenght in depth I get the feeling Ashley wouldn't allow a purchase of that size without getting rid of someone. Another factor is, it would appear to go against the grain of what Pardew (or whoever is buying the players there) is doing as they seem more content to shop on the continent and take a chance on a player.

Can't say I'm an expert on Ligue 1 but I could not see him moving abroad unless it was a loan deal maybe, which I dont think would be any good for us. In my opinion he'll want a move as sitting on the bench wont do any good for what few England chances he has left.

I know but you answered his question so I just thought I would bring you in on the convosation aswell.

I believe we would easily get around 10m for him at this moment in time if it were to be a cash deal.

I think we'd want at least £15m for him.

What about your Arsenals? Newcastles? etc. and why would it be a prem club? Could be a french club that comes in for him.

Arsenal won't buy him because he's not very good at playing football. Just a good goal scorer.

Newcastle do not need him. Plus would they pay his wages? Not sure.

I really do think he will be here come Feb, I think your info is incorrect.

I have to admire your audacity . You of all people have lost any right to be able to use the term "too soon to judge" .

Your lack of self awareness and hypocrisy is up there with the creationists.

I don't think i've lost the right to say that on here other than maybe being able to debate with you on the same level since you seemingly see yourself as God Almighty.

Arsenal won't buy him because he's not very good at playing football. Just a good goal scorer.

Newcastle do not need him. Plus would they pay his wages? Not sure.

I really do think he will be here come Feb, I think your info is incorrect.

Okay.

Has anyone else thought about a loan deal may even materialise? anyone could afford him with 50% of his wages and he's off our books till come the summer.

This has a number of good factors for us.:

• It gets us out of the 50 apps 6m fee.
  • The team he goes to will have a right to buy at the end of the loan if they see fit
  • Playing out on loan keeps his value steady without it decreasing.

Yes he may well still be a Villa player but he won't be wearing a Villa shirt - Mark my words. Bent will not be kicking a football for Villa after January!

Okay.

Has anyone else thought about a loan deal may even materialise? anyone could afford him with 50% of his wages and he's off our books till come the summer.

This has a number of good factors for us.:

• It gets us out of the 50 apps 6m fee.
  • The team he goes to will have a right to buy at the end of the loan if they see fit
  • Playing out on loan keeps his value steady without it decreasing.

Yes he may well still be a Villa player but he won't be wearing a Villa shirt - Mark my words. Bent will not be kicking a football for Villa after January!

Don't know where you're getting your information and whether it's true or not, but if it doesn't happen,by being so matter of fact you'll have set yourself for some rib taking which some posters on here will love!!

• Like 1

I also rate Weimann but i don't for one minute believe that Bent couldn't do a similar job to him alongside Benteke.

I'm sorry? This seems to have been missed. Are you kidding me? In his two years at the club I have never once seen Bent perform for a full 90 the way Weimann did last weekend. Not once. In fact, as good as his positioning skills are (and they truly are top class), I'm struggling to see him scoring the goals Weimann has either. Perhaps that's revisionist, but it has certainly made me pause for thought on just how good he is at what he does.

It's a debate that has been done to death. Truth is, for whatever the reason, he just doesn't fit here anymore. Let's make a few pennies on him while we still can.

• Like 1

I just can't see us loaning him out either. If it does happen then fair play but it makes no logical sense to loan him out, as we cant really replace him with any quality then. Also, Lambert doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will say Bent will not be sold to the press, and then go sell him.

I just can't see us loaning him out either. If it does happen then fair play but it makes no logical sense to loan him out, as we cant really replace him with any quality then. Also, Lambert doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will say Bent will not be sold to the press, and then go sell him.

Could you please direct me to where PL has said this please. It would be interesting reading.

Knowing this site, you'll have some saying fair play, some heralding you as fully "itk" and believing everything you say as gospel, and then some saying it was a lucky guess..

To be honest I agree people will have there opinions whether anything transpires or not but I am not really out for any attention of any sort but only directing info that I have learned without going into to much detail about the matter to avoid hype or publicity on myself too much.

I accept if anything falls through I may come across to some as a dick but there we go. :)

Â