Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If Darren feels like he fits into the current strike pattern, rotating as PL sees fit, or as games dictate, then he may see the advantages in staying at a club that are on the up. But, if he wants to be the sole star attraction, then I can see him gone.

Could a trophy in the New Year persuade him his future might be brighter here? Or is it adieu in January as a lot think?

It's too soon to judge whether we're on the up or not and Bent would have every right to want to go due to the way in which the manager has treated him.

So how has the manager 'treated him'?

Are you commenting on fact, or speculation?

Are you trying to say that dropping Darren Bent is mis-treating him? Does he have a devine right to play?

It's too soon to judge whether we're on the up or not and Bent would have every right to want to go due to the way in which the manager has treated him.

Are you trying to say he's been mistreated, if so how?

He's looked ordinary when playing this season, and we don't know what his attitude is like in training etc.

Just because he's been dropped doesn't mean he has 'the right to go'. It's a squad game, he should use the fact that he has been on the bench as a motivation to pull his finger out, and prove the manager wrong.

If he can get himself fit, he might stand a better chance of getting back into the side now that we're playing with 2 upfront. I remain sceptical about his motivation to play for us though and would rather see him sold with the funds reinvested.

Dont sell bent now that would be stupid cuse you make the other teams stronger and then you haev a much harder task to fight regeletion

Granted, I'd rather have him cleaning the players boots than playing upfront for QPR come February the first.

Granted, I'd rather have him cleaning the players boots than playing upfront for QPR come February the first.

Depends.

If QPR give us 15-20m and Paul Lambert spends that on 5 or 6 similar to how he has done already that could make us a whole lot stronger and really set us up nicely for the next 4 or 5 years

Quite a big 'if' though.

I'm not convinced it'd all be made available for transfer funds, and even if it was, January is a notoriously difficult time to do business.

Beyond that, even with £20m to spend, there's no guarantees that Lambert would be able to pull out another round of Westwoods & Bentekes, and even if he could, this season has already shown that it takes time for these players to gel.

That's not to say that I'd be disappointed to see Bent sold - I'd be quite happy if we took £12m from Liverpool for his services, but selling him to QPR would be a huge risk.

Dont sell bent now that would be stupid cuse you make the other teams stronger and then you haev a much harder task to fight regeletion

We've been done fine without him recently. We could use the money to strengthen ourselves in other areas where we're short of depth.

I remember Galatasaray wanted to sign him before he joined us and he wanted to go there, but the transfer was blocked by SAFC (allegedly). Maybe they would be interested again...

Are you trying to say he's been mistreated, if so how?

He's looked ordinary when playing this season, and we don't know what his attitude is like in training etc.

Just because he's been dropped doesn't mean he has 'the right to go'. It's a squad game, he should use the fact that he has been on the bench as a motivation to pull his finger out, and prove the manager wrong.

He's been treated in such a way which must have undermined his confidence.

Lambert must have felt Bent worthy of the Captaincy. So why was he then stripped of it so quickly? Something must have happened between player and manager. If nothing has happened as Lambert suggests then Lambert's judgement must be called into question in giving Bent the captaincy in the first place.

To be demoted in favour of Bowery on the bench would embarrass and devastate any international footballer. If that was Lambert's intention then it could have been handled better.

So without knowing all the facts, on the face of it, I do feel Bent has been mistreated.

He's been treated in such a way which must have undermined his confidence.

Lambert must have felt Bent worthy of the Captaincy. So why was he then stripped of it so quickly? Something must have happened between player and manager. If nothing has happened as Lambert suggests then Lambert's judgement must be called into question in giving Bent the captaincy in the first place.

To be demoted in favour of Bowery on the bench would embarrass and devastate any international footballer. If that was Lambert's intention then it could have been handled better.

So without knowing all the facts, on the face of it, I do feel Bent has been mistreated.

I agree in part with this.

It's funny how when Bent was in the team scoring most fans seemed to like and respect the job he did, even if it was always considered quite one dimensional.

As soon as he was dropped he was suddenly painted by many as this blood sucking overpaid charlie big potatoes that we need to sell to generate transfer funds.

Before he was dropped he WAS scoring goals, so it wasn't like he was playing rubbish and not doing the job he was paid to do. Following that he did have a few duff performances and his head dropped, but that was probably a direct result of losing his place and the captaincy. At which point he clearly threw his toys out of the pram and Lambert proved a point by dropping him from the squad to show Bent who is boss. I can't see any other explanation.

Lambert has quickly shown that no player is immune from being dropped, but this whole Bent can't play in the system Lambert wants to play assumption is in my opinion, total dobbins. Lambert changes the formation almost every week, he was renowned at Norwich for doing that. If he wanted to he could play in a way that gets the best out of Bent, he is that good a manager. He also nearly drove Grant Holt out of Norwich the same way he is doing Bent.

I also rate Weimann but i don't for one minute believe that Bent couldn't do a similar job to him alongside Benteke.

The damage is done though and I think Lambert is looking to sell all the big name players such as Zog, Bent, Ireland, Dunne as I don't think he rates or wants to keep any of them. He'd rather nurture hungry young up and coming players than toil with players with a sense of ego and entitlement. Maybe he is right, but for me personally it is a balancing act, we will eventually hit a brick wall if we carry on the route we are going as we need a bit of experience and creativity to go with all this raw skill and energy.

I do back Lambert though whatever he does, the way we have played without the big names we have has proved we can thrive without them, but it would be even better if we could step up a gear by re-integrating them.

I have to admire your audacity . You of all people have lost any right to be able to use the term "too soon to judge" .

Your lack of self awareness and hypocrisy is up there with the creationists.

Â