Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

This seems to happen a lot with Bent doesn't it?

Now I'm one of the guys who would rather see Bent work at Villa than be sold. But I'd say the quoted is one of the reasons he'll be off, and one of the reasons he rarely lasts more than a couple of seasons at a club.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Bent probably is very egotistical but as a fan i'm more concerned with what he does on the pitch than off it. However one can affect the other and if the manager isn't prepared to differentiate between players to get the best out of them then Bent will continue to change clubs on a regular basis.

What a very strange post.

I don't think anyone has made a comparison between Bent and Messi and Bent certainly wasn't found wanting at Spurs. He fell out with the manager after Redknapp's famous quote.

Bent has also scored goals for whatever team he has played for and that was my point. It doesn't make him an inferior player because he played for Charlton! To use just one example, Shearer played for Southampton yet is held in very high esteem for his exploits as a footballer.

Finally the title of manager doesn't always make you infallible. You seem to think that just because Lambert is our manager he should be devoid of criticism. You only have to look at our previous manager to see that.

Like i said a rather strange post from you there.

I don't know whether you are truly pro-Bent or whether you are championing Bent as a method of denigrating Lambert.

The majority of fans can see why Bent just doesn't work for us. I believe Bent will go in January and Lambert will lead us to a mid-table finish. I believe that we will be a top 8 side the following year. Anything more than that will depend on finances

I don't know whether you are truly pro-Bent or whether you are championing Bent as a method of denigrating Lambert.

The majority of fans can see why Bent just doesn't work for us. I believe Bent will go in January and Lambert will lead us to a mid-table finish. I believe that we will be a top 8 side the following year. Anything more than that will depend on finances

Thats actually a very good and direct question and deserves a direct answer.

As i've stated many times i want Bent to stay until the end of the season and no i'm not using him as a means of getting at Lambert.

Thats actually a very good and direct question and deserves a direct answer.

As i've stated many times i want Bent to stay until the end of the season and no i'm not using him as a means of getting at Lambert.

I genuinley beleive that we are a better "team" without Bent but that doesn't make him a bad player just not right for us right now. In an ideal world, I too would like Bent to stay until the end of the season as an option to come off the bench but given our (seemingly) limited resources I would prefer to free up the money to use elsewhere.

And what is really annoying is that is the media keep saying we are missing his goals. No were not. First of all - he wasnt scoring. Secondly, when he is scoring, his goals are not spread consistently over a large period of games to ensure prolonged success. It always about 9 in 4 and then nothing for weeks. Not to mention the fact that the opposition has usually banged in 3 due to sustained pressure through us not being able to hold the ball up.

To be fair to Darren, atm, were probably no better without him. But we are definitely no worse.

We will be better however when we get rid of his ridiculous salary though.

Those statistical claims about Bent's scoring record look like patent nonsense. If you can't supply the stats to back up your claim you should admit they're just wrong.

As for the statement about his salary, do you know how much he's on?

Well said, Briny. They look like stats pulled entirely out the of air in order to make a point.

What I like about Darren is that, at this point in his career, we're probably the biggest club that he'll play for. I'm glad he's the type of player that the top four/five would have no interest in - it means we've got more chance of hanging onto him.

Treat him with merely an iota of respect, and get the team creating chances, and for a club like ours, he'd be a useful, loyal asset.

Whilst I agree Benteke is more of a complete player, he's already got a stiffy for bigger things, and I genuinely think he'll be gone by no later than a year from now.

So how good did he look while on, and how bad did the injury look?

He was in the clear, one on one with the keeper and hit it straight at the keeper. No idea about his overall performance though but the sitter he missed was on SSN.

Definite hamstring injury but he was able to walk off the pitch (with assistance).

Those statistical claims about Bent's scoring record look like patent nonsense. If you can't supply the stats to back up your claim you should admit they're just wrong.

As for the statement about his salary, do you know how much he's on?

I dont see you proving they are wrong. POint me in the direction of a long run of games where D.Bent scored consistently and as a result Villa were successful.

Point me in the direction of the good times when Bent was in the team.

Didn't Paul Lambert say he was the highest earner? Its probably nearer 70k, but lets say its just 50k - Its ridiculous.

I dont see you proving they are wrong. POint me in the direction of a long run of games where D.Bent scored consistently and as a result Villa were successful.

Point me in the direction of the good times when Bent was in the team.

Didn't Paul Lambert say he was the highest earner? Its probably nearer 70k, but lets say its just 50k - Its ridiculous.

i think you may be getting confused as to what 1 individual player is responsible for

the FACTS are when bent plays ASTON VILLA score more goals, the FACTS are his scoring ratio is just shy of a goal every 2 games, that is not just at villa that is his average throughout a number of years

if you want to get picky, point me to the good times when bent wasnt in the team and were were successful with him in the squad? you cant because we havent been since MON left.

so coming out with made up 'stats' and then telling people to prove you are wrong? my son who is 8 has grown out of that sort of rationale.

Bent is on a startling £80k a week. I remember reading that figure somewhere when he signed, and that he was going to be earning more than our highest earner at the time, Richard Dunne, who is on a whopping £69k a week (thanks MON).

Looks like he didnt play too badly last night and got in on the action. Its a pity with his injury but we look more purposeful without him in the team and the current crop are improving together. I dont think he has a future here IMO, and thats not necessarily a bad thing.

Look at the result we just got with Bent starting!

Lol

I think Bent must have layed the ground work for the win :)

Woodytom was the one person against signing Bent from the very beginning so it is no surprise he is quite vocal now. He was much more quiet when Bent was scoring goals at the end of the 10/11 season.

i think you may be getting confused as to what 1 individual player is responsible for

the FACTS are when bent plays ASTON VILLA score more goals, the FACTS are his scoring ratio is just shy of a goal every 2 games, that is not just at villa that is his average throughout a number of years

if you want to get picky, point me to the good times when bent wasnt in the team and were were successful with him in the squad? you cant because we havent been since MON left.

so coming out with made up 'stats' and then telling people to prove you are wrong? my son who is 8 has grown out of that sort of rationale.

For goodness sake, I have not come out with any facts. Hence the word 'about' in my post. Not only that but I said about 9 in 4???? - wouldnt that be an exaggeration in Bents favor?

We havent had any good times without Bent in the squad, Your right. Thats because he has been part of the most woeful Villa team Ive ever witnessed. At best, average premiership players on ridiculous wages. And thank god, we are trying to get away from that. Maybe we do score more with Bent in the side? Not this season to my mind (so your facts are outdated :) ) - but we don't win more, we have never won more and at no point has the signing of Bent instigated a dramatic improvement that a 24m signing should. And I think people forget this quite quickly. We have paid what, at least 20m already for this bloke. Jesus, when is he going to stand up and take some responsibility. For how long are we going to blame the systems/managers? Hes not a 20m pound player. Never has been. And that is why I said it from the beginning - When hes not scoring - hes useless and he goes too many games without scoring.

@ LondonLAx - I don't go quiet when Darren Bent scores. I can guarantee you that I usually praise him for doing his job.

Â