James Collins

AngelGabriel

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I think Bruce puts a high priority on a player’s availability to play and De Laet hasn’t had a good fitness/injury record in recent years.

Really  ? I would suggest looking at the appearance records of Samba and Collins over the last few years both have missed huge amounts of games due to injury.Collins didn't sign earlier with Ipswich as they didn't think he was fit enough and he is currently injured 

50 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If I remember correctly James Collins is the king of hoof ball football so should slot straight into a Steve Bruce team...

I wouldnt call him a hoof ball player but he actually thinks he is cultured on the ball when he gets it and just plays it back to opposition

Terzino destro then.

Anyway, He might be alright at this level, he's at least played with Chester a few times, and most of the team don't look like they've ever played together so that coudl be a bonus.

Knows his way to BMH. Regular blood tests as part of his contract though, pay as you don't get pissed type contract.

Ugh...  Didn’t like him when he played for us in his prime. Always had at least one challenge in him every game which a ref could easily call a penalty for (and did several times). You think he has improved with age???  Get ready for more HOOF!!! comments in the matchday threads, because he loves a good punt back the the opposition’s keeper. 

• Like 1

Wow there are some opinions on this thread aren't there. I'm not sure some of us get where we are at the moment. Collins on a free for 3 months with not too high wages is a no brainer for me,

We are just not in a position to get better players in till January. Apparantly it's all Bruce's fault. Wow, We're 7th in the league with new players bedding in and a fantastic chance of promotion,

Are we Villa fans getting together and making this season a really good one or are we trying to tear it all apart? Well I know where I am! Come on people Support the team/manager/owners/everyone.

• Like 3

Really not understanding why Bruce just doesnt play Tuanzebe in his natural position, the only reason I can think of him being shunted at RB is to give him less exposure - but that weakens the team overall. If he doesnt trust him at centre back then what was the point in wasting one of the loan signings on him? (don't even get me started on the sub keeper loan)

Signing Collins would make Tuanzebe 4th choice centre back, meaning even more games at RB for him .. that in turn pushes Elmo to right wing with either El Ghazi or Kodjia not playing.. its all very bizarre 

I'm actually all for signing Collins, offers height and is a natural centre back.. but I dread the Bruce logic of shifting players in odd positions to accommodate him. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Collins replaced him and he only started one game at Euros vs Portugal

Fair enough i never took much notice to be honest watching the Wales games during the tourno so wasn't 100% sure but you are right Zatman!

Edited by Villan4Life

Â