James Collins

AngelGabriel

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Get Delaney back too then we can have a Welsh back 4. Fifa chemistry Winner

He’s already here as he’s a Villa youth coach which is good because we need another right back! 

On Collins.... he will likely be better than Jedinak but meh. Could/should have done better - at least Terry would provide leadership and the extra wage would have been well earnt IMO.  Not sure what else Collins will provide other than less chance of Jedinak playing CB...

Jesus! Who had the unenviable task of wiping the cobwebs off this thread?! 

Wouldn't be adverse to him getting a pay as you play deal, **** all that 2/3 year contract off though. Get us up JC, get a bonus and get on your bike.

Edited by Hoof hearted

I’m not sure we are above having James Collins in our team to be honest. I think it would be a good move. JC played 12 times in the premier league last season, which is approximately 12 times more than most of our other players...

He is a decent, experienced centre back and if he isn’t up to scratch fitness wise then he won’t be signed. For what it is worth I would still sign him on a pay for play if he was only likely to manage a hand full of games. We will need cover for the odd game to ensure the others aren’t playing through injury and he is experienced enough to slot in, especially with his experience playing with Chester. 

I know we all want to sign a star starting centre back but the window is well closed, so this is a good move.

• Like 3

If he's signed it's likely to be on a similar one year deal to the one Samba was on. The money will be slightly more than Ipswich would have been able to offer him but it won't break our wage structure. We need another experienced central defender on board to do what Samba did for us last year until we can address the situation on a more permanent basis in the next transfer window.

I see it as rather positive that he was willing to turn down Ipswich with whom he had been training to return to us. He left West Ham for us and then returned to them in much the same way. He's a bit of a homing pidgeon isn't he?

Edited by John

4 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Does that mean that Samba was up to standard when we signed him after giving him a trial

Yes. Samba did exactly what we needed him to do.

He was fine while he was here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Junxs said:

Really not understanding why Bruce just doesnt play Tuanzebe in his natural position, the only reason I can think of him being shunted at RB is to give him less exposure - but that weakens the team overall. If he doesnt trust him at centre back then what was the point in wasting one of the loan signings on him? (don't even get me started on the sub keeper loan)

Signing Collins would make Tuanzebe 4th choice centre back, meaning even more games at RB for him .. that in turn pushes Elmo to right wing with either El Ghazi or Kodjia not playing.. its all very bizarre 

I'm actually all for signing Collins, offers height and is a natural centre back.. but I dread the Bruce logic of shifting players in odd positions to accommodate him. 

From what I have seen of Tuanzebe it would appear he is a poor centre back and a crap right back.

I have not been impressed with him at all. Would prefer him to be on the bench or back at Old Trafford

Â