James Collins

AngelGabriel

I'll give him the same respect I gave Samba.

If he works long enough and hard enough to get himself a deal here after coming with, I assume, no guarantee of getting one, then he deserves it.

I imagine he'd be filling very much the same role as Samba. First choice striker!
I'm kidding, I mean I imagine he'll be an emergency centreback who's only called on when we don't have any other options.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If he works long enough and hard enough to get himself a deal here after coming with, I assume, no guarantee of getting one, then he deserves it.

I imagine he'd be filling very much the same role as Samba. First choice striker!
I'm kidding, I mean I imagine he'll be an emergency centreback who's only called on when we don't have any other options.

Don't need him! We'll have a plethora of options in January!

17 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Don't need him! We'll have a plethora of options in January!

We play 9 league games before January - that becomes a long time if we only had one CB!

So I would be happier with James Collins at CB than Jedinak if anything where to happen to either JC or AT within this time.

Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Samba was a huge waste of financial resources last season. Collins would be similar in my view.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Samba was a huge waste of financial resources last season. Collins would be similar in my view.

At this moment in time as a stop gap I wouldn't see it as too much of a risk on the basis he won't be on that big a contract.

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 01:19, LondonLax said:

A click on the twitter link would indicate 'Big Al' (the big guy) is Alex Bulter, the team masseuse. 

Masseuse? Bloody hell, that's one ugly woman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Didn’t much rate him the first time around, age and a long injury list won’t have improved him. He missed a lot of football at West Ham, even in our situation I wouldn’t give him a deal.

Worth repeating.

• Like 1

Had an offer to sign for Ipswich I heard but the lure of wearing a Villa shirt again was too great for him to resist. Could do a decent enough job if required at this level for me and we are not exactly spoilt for choice should our first choice central defenders get an injury or a suspension.

Only way I'd have Collins back is if he made a public apology to the club and fans for the way he behaved the last time he was under contract here.

And even then I rather we looked elsewhere or just waited til' January.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Only way I'd have Collins back is if he made a public apology to the club and fans for the way he behaved the last time he was under contract here.

And even then I rather we looked elsewhere or just waited til' January.

We are a completely different club with a completely different team now since he was last here -

Alan Hutton being the only one remaining from his last spell at the club ('09-'12)

In this time we have seen the club relegated, change hands twice, Had 6 managers and about 800 players have came and gone.

...and the North Stand is still a shithole.

Yes I'm bored!

• Like 1

Years ago I was walking near the mailbox when I saw a proper fit lass wearing next to nothing walking in my direction. I couldn't take my eyes off them....I mean her.

It was only when she was about to pass me I noticed her fella, who must have watched me gawping like a pervert.

"You alright, mate?" James Collins asked me.

He's really tall, you know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We play 9 league games before January - that becomes a long time if we only had one CB!

So I would be happier with James Collins at CB than Jedinak if anything where to happen to either JC or AT within this time.

Better safe than sorry.

I think I'd prefer Jedi as 3rd choice CB currently.

Don't need Collins now or in the future for me, but if he wants to hang around and train to get hinself fit and get a contract sonewhere else I'm all for that.

Â