James Collins

AngelGabriel

The last time I saw him play was at the end of 15/16, but he was arguably in the best shape of his career, so unless he's slowed down massively since then, this should be a good signing. 

Both him and Bolasie have played under Allardyce and fairly sure he wanted to sign Hourihane at one stage. Would be a perfect time for a managerial change.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Collins was a terrible hoofer, one of the worst I can remember at the club along with Baker. Imagine if Chester gets injured, we'll struggle to play it out from the back.

We won't be playing out from the back with Bruce in charge. He's like MON, he likes his centre backs to get snow on every "pass". 

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

The last time I saw him play was at the end of 15/16, but he was arguably in the best shape of his career, so unless he's slowed down massively since then, this should be a good signing. 

Both him and Bolasie have played under Allardyce and fairly sure he wanted to sign Hourihane at one stage. Would be a perfect time for a managerial change.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Collins was a terrible hoofer, one of the worst I can remember at the club along with Baker. Imagine if Chester gets injured, we'll struggle to play it out from the back.

Why would you want the centre halves to mess about on their own 18 yard line? I'd rather play football in the opposition half of the pitch.

He was an ok defender, not great by any means. A no nonsense defender, which may be ok at this level. My biggest gripes with him were that he always tried to nip in front of the attacker and would be turned easily.

My main gripe is that he was a big part of the boozer club back in the Houiller days. He was part of the divisive group which until they decided to pull their fingers out almost saw us relegated. He was out with Chris Herd at the Nightclub incident. So for that alone I would not do a deal with him.

If we can’t get Terry or Samba back, then I would rather stick with what we have than waste money on him.

• Like 1

Collins has more quality than Baker. 

He hasn't got the same leadership ability as Terry though, who for me compensated to a large extent for Bruce's lack of motivational ability.

It's why I think Allardyce would be a great appointment right now. He's one of the best around in terms of motivation, player management and organization which I think is what we need.

Bolasie won't be with us for long either unless we get promoted which is unlikely with Bruce as manager. 

Edited by Michael118

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

We could just have kept Baker.

I mean we could. But at the time we were making way for Terry, which was absolutely the right thing to do.

Plus Baker was by far the worst hoofer in the team, I still think it was no coincidence that he was the defender to make way.

Just because we're in a shitty situation now in terms of CBs doesn't make the Baker decision wrong, imo.

Â