James Collins

AngelGabriel

The fact we're even looking at this is a possibility sums Bruce up. Yes sure he'd be a decent stop gap for a few months (anything's better than **** Jedinak there) but he should have got a **** centre back in during the window instead of looking for short term old players all the time. Sorry, don't want to turn this into another Bruce thread but it really pisses me off. 

18 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

The fact we're even looking at this is a possibility sums Bruce up. Yes sure he'd be a decent stop gap for a few months (anything's better than **** Jedinak there) but he should have got a **** centre back in during the window instead of looking for short term old players all the time. Sorry, don't want to turn this into another Bruce thread but it really pisses me off. 

To be fair to Bruce, he tried to sign two and they didn't come off. He should have given the position greater priority though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I think reasoning behind Collins is he has played alongside Chester for Wales at International Level and look pretty solid together.

Both was in the defence that took Wales to Semi Final of Euro's 2 years ago! Collins been on the decline rapidly since then.

For the majority of the tournament it was a back 3 of Chester ,Ben Davies, Willams

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I rate de laet more than Collins so it’s very strange if this happens with da laet leaving and probably playing his last game for us

I think Bruce puts a high priority on a player’s availability to play and De Laet hasn’t had a good fitness/injury record in recent years.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I rate de laet more than Collins so it’s very strange if this happens with da laet leaving and probably playing his last game for us

Well unless we are signing Collins to play RB. (Which admittedly could be the case) then it’s not that strange. 

Not sure how to feel about this one. Never liked the guy but my bar for who could improve us at CB is set incredibly low. 

Will need to see the current state of him before getting too excited. 

54 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I think reasoning behind Collins is he has played alongside Chester for Wales at International Level and look pretty solid together.

Both was in the defence that took Wales to Semi Final of Euro's 2 years ago! Collins been on the decline rapidly since then.

And Neil Taylor.

Just no ! I cannot forgive him for his behaviour during Houliiers brief reign.... Past his best .... I hope Caulker isn’t shot to bits and can get his head together as he is a much better stop gap until I guess we go for the kid at Aberdeen... 

Just now, thabucks said:

Just no ! I cannot forgive him for his behaviour during Houliiers brief reign.... Past his best .... I hope Caulker isn’t shot to bits and can get his head together as he is a much better stop gap until I guess we go for the kid at Aberdeen... 

Isnt Caulker signing for a team in Ukraine

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Collins replaced him and he only started one game at Euros vs Portugal

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt Caulker signing for a team in Ukraine

Rumour was we were going to offer him a trial to gauge I guess where his head is at .... Gone quiet but is only 26 and good back up till jan. 

Collins’ actions when we were in the deep shit last time he was here I just cannot forget.... 

On 15/08/2012 at 12:13, VillaGoMarching said:

Great work by the club, shift out a stinking half arsed player and bring in a hungry international who wants to prove himself. Probably similar wages and at minimal cost.

I want to know who the hungry international we brought in during 2012 was...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickCousens said:

To be fair to Bruce, he tried to sign two and they didn't come off. He should have given the position greater priority though.

He had the perfect opportunity to sign a really good promising French centre back and he ballsed it when it came to selling the club to the player, and also thus not ignoring the fact but :wave: can someone please tell me why Tuanzebe has been signed second time yet played out of position or left out?

I wouldn't be suprised if Tuanzebe felt a bit pissed about it.

As for Collins, I'm not so sure, however maybe at this level he still might have a good season in him yet maybe.

...  Still should't have got to these low levels of scraping the barrel to bridge the gap in an emergency for a centre back - something the manager has had over 3 months to sort.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Â