James Collins

AngelGabriel

Well, it hardly looks like a coincedence that the second Collins was announced, so was Vlaar.
Doesn't mean Collins was sold in order to raise funds.

I don't think it has anything to do with the funds to buy him but I do think we were trying to avoid the possibility of both being on the wage bill should the Collins deal fall through.

Well, it hardly looks like a coincedence that the second Collins was announced, so was Vlaar.
Doesn't mean Collins was sold in order to raise funds.

I don't think it has anything to do with the funds to buy him but I do think we were trying to avoid the possibility of both being on the wage bill should the Collins deal full through.

I agree. It was a wage bill issue.

I'm not being critical, far from it as I was highly critical of Lerner for allowing things to get out of control in the first place. Given the way the two deals seemed to hang together it just seems a little daft to try and deny that it appears the two were linked.

I'm not being critical, far from it as I was highly critical of Lerner for allowing things to get out of control in the first place. Given the way the two deals seemed to hang together it just seems a little daft to try and deny that it appears the two were linked.
No one's denying that they were linked, but I don't think Collins was sold to raise funds.

No one's denying that they were linked, but I don't think Collins was sold to raise funds.

Yeah I don't think it can be denied there is a link, but it seems that it wasn't the transfer fee but more the wage bill that was being waited upon.

Neither do I if you read what I've posted.

Its about wages not transfer funds as I've already said.

Yeah I don't think it can be denied there is a link, but it seems that it wasn't the transfer fee but more the wage bill that was being waited upon.

Which is what I'd already posted. :D

We move on, hopefully with Hutton and Warnock also gone by the start of the season.

Interesting to see wether we will have also strengthened the squad in numbers by the start of the season, or will the new signings cancel out the people we have let go?

Even if we have the same number as we started with last season, the better the quality of the players, the greater the experience of the youngsters and the fact that we have now a decent manager means we have a far stronger squad.

But do we have enough if we have injuries to key players? At the moment i don't think so.

For his faults, Dunne did put a shift in. Collins didn't care, got his £50,000 a week and hoofed along quietly. Won't miss his sub-standard performances and negative dressing room influence.
I don't like either but you can't deny that on the field Collins was committed, more so than Dunne IMO. He's just an extremely limited player (well, they both are really).

Â