James Collins

AngelGabriel

Felt we needed a thread on him too..

Stand out performances from Collins since he arrived?

And er..he passed a fitness test yesterday - How can he be not fit to face Wolves but after a day off on match day with no training at all be fit to face England?

:lol:

Collins has been nothing short of rubbish and if people think we a going to go forward as a club with players like him they a dreaming.Him and Dunn have killed us with there mistakes,poor defending and ball watching.These 2 would be the first to go for me out of the club!!!.They also lack discipline as shown this year.

It's amazing how much difference a season makes. James Collins was superb overall last season. Compare that to this season and it's as if he's a totally different player! Same goes for Dunne. These two are the prime examples of there clearly being alot more problems behind the scenes than the fans know about. I'd put money on the possibility of some of the stuff that was said by Collins and Dunne in the argument is exactly the same as some of the things that we moan about on here! What does piss me off though is if they hate Houllier and his ways then that's fine but the way that they play should not be affected by this! They are professionals that are paid alot of money to do the best job in the world! Poor, under committed performances are a total lack of respect to the fans! They should just get on with it as normal and sort out the problems in the summer and if it means leaving then so be it!

It's amazing how much difference a season makes. James Collins was superb overall last season. Compare that to this season and it's as if he's a totally different player! Same goes for Dunne. These two are the prime examples of there clearly being alot more problems behind the scenes than the fans know about. I'd put money on the possibility of some of the stuff that was said by Collins and Dunne in the argument is exactly the same as some of the things that we moan about on here! What does piss me off though is if they hate Houllier and his ways then that's fine but the way that they play should not be affected by this! They are professionals that are paid alot of money to do the best job in the world! Poor, under committed performances are a total lack of respect to the fans! They should just get on with it as normal and sort out the problems in the summer and if it means leaving then so be it!

Spot on mate.

I think Dunne and Collins looked good last season, because Villa were a defensive team, the midfield were set up to protect the defence. GH wants to play a more expansive passing game and this has expose our defender for exactly what they are. Whether GH is in charge of Villa next season or not, I want Collins and Dunne out of Villa, because they shown this season that they haven't got Villa best interest at heart, they rather push their own agendas.

I think Dunne and Collins looked good last season, because Villa were a defensive team, the midfield were set up to protect the defence. GH wants to play a more expansive passing game and this has expose our defender for exactly what they are. Whether GH is in charge of Villa next season or not, I want Collins and Dunne out of Villa, because they shown this season that they haven't got Villa best interest at heart, they rather push their own agendas.

This isn't entirely true. MON's Team wasn't defensive, it was counter-attacking. i.e. soak up pressure then break quickly. There's a big difference between the two.

Equally, GH doesn't set up his teams to be 'expansive' by any means. They aim to pass the ball about much more, absolutely, but attacks don't come as quickly as before and often the ball never reaches the danger zone because of players being instructed (I assume, given the way his previous teams have played) to follow a safety-first keep-ball way of playing.

I think what I'm saying is that there's no reason why our defence shouldn't be just as good under GH.

James Collins fit the day after Wolves meaning he was fit to play Wolves. On a day that we needed him either Houllier wouldn't play him or Collins doesn't want to play for Houllier.

When you think Collins isn't a Villa fan, why would he want to play for Houllier? He hates him, his style of play and I have to admit I support Collins 100%! How can half of the squad be wrong about GH and Houllier right when we're 3 points off the bottom? Houllier definately needs to go!

Before I go, my prediction Ashley Young will play a blinder for England and then be non-existant at Goodison. Collins and Dunne will both start for their countries this weekend and will pick up an 'injury' before the Everton game. Or they have been dropped for a "footballing reason."

HOULLIER OUT!!!

JC is a propper donkey. You can tell just by looking at him - the way he moves he is just way too slow and cumbersome. Absolutely zero intelligence as a footballer either. Being a CB these days requires alot more than just being a fat clearing in the woods who can only use his head., his feet ae only for standing on by the looks of it. Being a piss head only makes these things worse.

Basically, hes useless. West Ham couldnt believe their luck when MoN came knocking with ludicrous amounts of money. Get shot of this clown at the earliest possible moment

Even last year he gave away loads of stupid freekicks just outside the box. At least O'Neill could get him to stick his enormous arse on the line for the team. The Man City win aside, he and Dunne just haven't played with the same determination for Houllier. I always thought they were too similar in style, with Cuellar as another in the similar mould. I preferred it when Davies was on the edges of the England squad, where he would play alongside one of the lumps, as he had far more quality on the ball and there would be a nice balance.

with the possible exception of Clarke

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

If we go down, we'll need him. If we stay up, we'll need rid of him. Either way, at least one of him or Dunne (preferably Dunne) has got to go; gotta break up the booze buddies and recover some semblance of discipline.

Yes thats why one cost 20 odd million and the other cost errm 4million? Collins for me is needed at this stage of the season, we need him to battle and put his body on the line which he did countless times last season.

I agree with you. GH shouldn't be stubborn now. He should sit down with Dunne and Collins and tell them they are amazing and the teams first choice centre backs and get them playing. He should use some good man management for once. If we can get those two playing for 8 games we will be safe. After that in the summer he can move them on.

with the possible exception of Clarke

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

If we go down, we'll need him. If we stay up, we'll need rid of him. Either way, at least one of him or Dunne (preferably Dunne) has got to go; gotta break up the booze buddies and recover some semblance of discipline.

way too much time...............

very creative tho

Â