James Collins

AngelGabriel

2 hours ago, John said:

Had an offer to sign for Ipswich I heard but the lure of wearing a Villa shirt again was too great for him to resist. Could do a decent enough job if required at this level for me and we are not exactly spoilt for choice should our first choice central defenders get an injury or a suspension.

We would probably offer double or triple the wages

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

We would probably offer double or triple the wages

Once yes, but I suspect that whilst our wages will be higher than Ipswich would pay they will no longer be "silly money" as such. I suspect we will now pay what we consider a player is worth to us to seal a deal (I hope). ;)  

Before Dean Smith came along, we were desperate to get a centre back in to come straight into the team.

Now players are playing in their correct positions its not as urgent as it once was, so we are now looking to get a back up in case something happens to Chester or Tuanzebe rather than an instant first teamer. In which case January only being 6 weeks away after the break for internationals after the Derby game, then I think we can risk it until then and sign a proper defender instead of Collins on big money. 

On 08/11/2018 at 12:49, Mr.Messy said:

I think I'd prefer Jedi as 3rd choice CB currently.

Don't need Collins now or in the future for me, but if he wants to hang around and train to get hinself fit and get a contract sonewhere else I'm all for that.

This, Jedinak and Collins are basically the same. Slow, ponderous, poor in possession and great in the air, but Jedinak has a better beard, isn't ginger and has actually played more than 5 minutes of football in the last 2 years 

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

This, Jedinak and Collins are basically the same. Slow, ponderous, poor in possession and great in the air, but Jedinak has a better beard, isn't ginger and has actually played more than 5 minutes of football in the last 2 years 

Collins is an actual defender though, not the answer but we could do worse as back up

If anything it shows how  shit Bruce was it got to this stage

On 07/11/2018 at 20:09, Villan4Life said:

Google "Rebecca More and Birmingham". that lad i know from school who's a zulu called Bodyart 'took part :D

A lad i know :crylaugh:

Come on mate, you're amongst friends here, how was she?

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Collins is an actual defender though, not the answer but we could do worse as back up

If anything it shows how  shit Bruce was it got to this stage

Being an "actual defender" is basically meaningless if he doesn't offer anything better than a player we already have. A guy on my Sunday league team is an "actual defender" as well but I'd still pick Jedinak there over him. 

Agree with the last point, although you definately can't pin 100% of the blame on Bruce (despite him clearly being a part of the total shambles leaving us with no CB cover) 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

A lad i know :crylaugh:

Come on mate, you're amongst friends here, how was she?

Mate that lad is an absolute dick trust me, he was bragging about it on Twitter we aren’t connected by the way on there. she was a bit of alright if you don’t fancy anything nasty :D

your comment made me crease so have a like :)

Edited by Villan4Life

• 3 weeks later...

Well 5 weeks is good. Covers us over xmas which we badly need and he will want a longer contract so he will put his all in. They saying he will be available for West Brom next week. Also he would have played with chester before which helps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well 5 weeks is good. Covers us over xmas which we badly need and he will want a longer contract so he will put his all in. They saying he will be available for West Brom next week. Also he would have played with chester before which helps.

Fingers crossed he won't be needed at all.  3rd choice in a 2 man central pairing. It's just nice to have a centre back on the bench.  What a time to be alive.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Fingers crossed he won't be needed at all.  3rd choice in a 2 man central pairing. It's just nice to have a centre back on the bench.  What a time to be alive.

I still find it absolutely ridiculous bruce let elphick go without getting a replacement.  Elphick isnt great but I think bruce treated him like dirt as well even before this.

• Like 2

Â