James Collins

AngelGabriel

For all the dressing room bust issues, for all the hoof balls...he did put in some extremely decent performances for us. He did put himself on the line for the shirt on occasions and he did have a good number of good games.

Call him overpaid and a bad influence, but he's been alright for us.

Don't question his commitment, i just questioned his Ability.

That's why a lot of Villa fans find the insults and abuse unjustified.

If you give it a good go whilst wearing the shirt then fair enough. You should deserve a good bye and good luck.

The abuse should be reserved for players who treat the club with no respect.

If you give it a good go whilst wearing the shirt then fair enough. You should deserve a good bye and good luck.

true that, in truth he (and most of the other shite at the back) are good solid defenders for 88 mins of each game but all (incl. Dunne) are prone to massive lapses in concentration and making basic errors, it's not so bad when you have one of these but we had 4 last season... McLeish for all his faults has (bar us) set up a decent defence everywhere he's been but you can't polish shit and as good as any of them would play (in some cases very well for most of the game) they'd always drop a bollock.

Also does anyone else find it ridiculous that a manager that treated us with no respect is hero worshiped?

true that, in truth he (and most of the other shite at the back) are good solid defenders for 88 mins of each game but all (incl. Dunne) are prone to massive lapses in concentration and making basic errors, it's not so bad when you have one of these but we had 4 last season... McLeish for all his faults has (bar us) set up a decent defence everywhere he's been but you can't polish shit and as good as any of them would play (in some cases very well for most of the game) they'd always drop a bollock.

Also does anyone else find it ridiculous that a manager that treated us with no respect is hero worshiped?

Don't agree with that. If they were good solid defenders most of the time I don't think we would have been so poor at the back last season.

Err, which? We've had quite a few of those managers down the year. :P

Sold for less than Zat Knight so that should tell you everything you need to know.

Apart from length of contract remaining and age of player plus amount paid in the first place

Owned.

Good luck with that but lets ignore my reply explaining the fact that concerning the above points that the poster made do you really think that would have made a difference to the fee of Collins with his perceived ability? I see the poster still hasn't answered my question. :lol:

Â