Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Just on this, I didn't hear that at all during the game - Bree seemed to be getting decent support on his home debut.

They were around me.

But these are the same people who are also on Green's back every game, so safe to say they're a bunch of morons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

A cynic may say his improvement coincided with the knowledge he was approaching the trigger point for an extension to his contract ;)

That was lee hendrie's trick! 

Played well leading up to a contract renewal, and then reverted to boozing and partying until the next renewal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are coming to the end of your work contract.

Your Agent reminds you that no perspective new employers arw interested in offering you a new contract.

However.

Informs you that if you work quota reaches X before June 31st it triggers an automatic 1 year extention to your current working contract.

What do you do?

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

You are coming to the end of your work contract.

Your Agent reminds you that no perspective new employers arw interested in offering you a new contract.

However.

Informs you that if you work quota reaches X before June 31st it triggers an automatic 1 year extention to your current working contract.

What do you do?

yoda-the-reach-is-strong-in-this-one.jpg

He's absolutely crap and has no place here. We have invested in a genuine prospect (Bree) and he should be starting every game when fit. In reserve we have De Laet to come back into the fold and he will be every bit as 'effective' (if not more) as Hutton. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

If I was Alan Hutton I would do what I have done since I got here. Work hard and give my all in both training and during games and hope that by doing so it would help me to put in some decent performances, just as I had done all season, and mean that I could continue to show the manager I should be picked.

If a consequence of doing what I have done throughout my career, basically being an honest pro,is a new contract then great.

100%

but he is a shit footballer

48 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

but he is a shit footballer

Yeah but to be fair that wasn't the point of your post.

You were trying to insinuate that he has only been performing to trigger an extension.

Stop moving goalposts young grasshopper!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but to be fair that wasn't the point of your post.

You were trying to insinuate that he has only been performing to trigger an extension.

Stop moving goalposts young grasshopper!

Hey JV

I think he was trying extra hard.

and he's still shite, no matter where the goalposts are

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Hey JV

He wouldn't have an opportunity to play better unless Bruce played him, and his contract was extended by hitting enough appearances. 

I don't think he's a bad player, especially not for us in our current position. He's in the team on merit at the moment and i hope he continues to earn his place at right back. If he dips again he'll be out the team and Bree can have a chance so Villa won't lose out no matter what 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If the rest of his colleagues over the last few years had shown the same professionalism as he has, then we would still be in the Premier League. 

If they passed the ball like he does we'd be in League 2 already. 

• Like 3

Question: is giving 100% every game enough to make you 'a good footballer', or do you need some footballing skill as well? And if a mix of effort and skill are the key ingredients, how much skill do you need to avoid being called shite?

For the sake of argument, Gareth Bale busts a gut most games and is also pretty skilfull, hence obviously, 'a good footballer'.

Hutton obviously doesn't have anything remotely close to Bale's skill, but maybe has 15% of his ability? 

Clearly all guesswork and subjective opinion of course, but in a simplistic, Top Trumps stylee, I'm curious as to what skill level Hutton would have to reach before he and others like him were considered a card worth having when it came to break time in the playground.

The point being, not every card is the Prince of Darkness in a pack of Top Trumps and sometimes even Creature from the Black Lagoon could beat The Ghoul, so surely there's a place for our Al somewhere in the Villa team?

Personally, I think he's closest to The Living Skull from the second edition of Horror Top Trumps and therefore a welcome squad player by anyone's standards.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

To get us to where we want to go he's not good enough.

His effort is commendable but he's still shit.

maybe the real point is.

Can you critisize someone for the effort more or less than critisizing them of their abilitiy?

If so or if not its still irrelevant because he is simply a shit footballer

11 Huttons on the pitch would be as noneffective as 11 Kodjias

Having 1 Hutton in the Villa team hasnt got us promoted yet.

Having 1 Kodjia in the team have saved us from relegation

6 hours ago, Jareth said:

If they passed the ball like he does we'd be in League 2 already. 

I'm not trying to make out that he's the best player on the pitch. The point is, if those with more quality had applied themselves like Alan Hutton does we perhaps wouldn't have got relegated. Talent is no good to anyone if not applied and application can make up for deficiencies in other areas. And that applies in most walks of life, thank goodness as my talents are extremely limited!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Hey JV

Where ever they are I can guarantee that he'll slice his cross and the ball will sail over them.

• Like 3

Â