Alan Hutton

Rich_D

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

To get us to where we want to go he's not good enough.

His effort is commendable but he's still shit.

maybe the real point is.

Can you critisize someone for the effort more or less than critisizing them of their abilitiy?

If so or if not its still irrelevant because he is simply a shit footballer

11 Huttons on the pitch would be as noneffective as 11 Kodjias

Having 1 Hutton in the Villa team hasnt got us promoted yet.

Having 1 Kodjia in the team have saved us from relegation

Well that seems fair! Hutton hasn't got us promoted but Kodjia has saved us from relegation

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Scottish Cafu

He went on a couple of runs today Cafu would have been envious of. 

Maybe Cafu is the Brazilian Alan Hutton? 

• Like 1

He was excellent defensively today and very good going forward. Like a fine wine he is getting better with age it seems. It seems he is also now firmly a fans favourite with many of those who regularly attend.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He was excellent defensively today and very good going forward. Like a fine wine he is getting better with age it seems. It seems he is also now firmly a fans favourite with many of those who regularly attend.

I think we have to understand though that he is doing well because he is playing at his correct level. 

He is not in a million years a premier league player but he is a very good championship player. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I think we have to understand though that he is doing well because he is playing at his correct level. 

Very true, about 3 times in a row today he ambled forward, dropped a shoulder, came inside on his left and was away. This is the level, and it is poor. 

Saying that I am starting to enjoy the Hutton love in,  it brings a positive and jovial atmosphere. Very good.

• Like 2

Superb through ball to Hogan as well, any #10 would've been proud of that. 

This may well be his level, but it's the level we're at and while I was on the fence about him being here next season as a squad player, I'm now convinced he should be our starting right back. Bree is going to have to wait. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Good game. Completely **** up a simple cross to seal things near the end though. 

That is our Hutton. Incredible lung busting run,I was surprised by his pace to be fair but no idea who their left back is. Then **** it up.

Sorry, even with the obvious difference in skill etc.

Saying it is "obvious" he has found his level/ceiling, you could statistically make the same argument for Kodjia?

Hutton has actually played in the PL and at a higher level overall.

Kodj has not.

• Like 2

He was excellent defensively, but that cross was a bit of a shitshow . . . I guess he was pretty much dead on his feet after that run. 

Bruce didn't sound too impressed on the radio after, and personally I'd give him a rest against Burton, he's played a lot of minutes lately and I think Bree could slot in okay in that game. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can we not give Bree a game given that he's supposed to be a talented young right back? I honestly do not see the point in playing Hutton.

We should be using these games to give bree a run  in the team - if Taylor is injured I'd rather Hutton at left back than amavi .

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Can we not give Bree a game given that he's supposed to be a talented young right back? I honestly do not see the point in playing Hutton.

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Thought he was our best player again 

• Like 1

Â